Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monogamous or non-monogamous, that is the question
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Do you all know what time it is?

It's time for yet another open question brought to you by libertylove4 and the support of viewers like you![/COLOR]

This weeks theme song is....'Before He Cheats' by Carrie Underwood

[COLOR="Navy"]Now on to the question -

I was recently reading a story on CNN about how psychologists are divided on whether or not the human species is capable of monogamy. They had examples of couples both gay and straight who were monogamous and happy and those who weren't but were still quite content in their relationships. So here is the question.....Is humanity capable of monogamy and if so is it a good thing or a bad thing?

*Personally I would prefer monogamy, but I believe that it very much depends on each individual relationship, couples need to do what is best for them and need to be very open with each other about their desires for the partnership.
[/COLOR]

Well monogamy has worked for many people for a long time so yeah I think people are capable of it. Some aren't and prefer it otherwise but that's just the way folks are. It's not really a question of what humanity is capable of so much as how many people are capable of it as what works for some will not work for others etc etc.

IMO anyhoo.

Monogamy works for me. I could only ever be monogamous, likewise my partner. It works for us.

But I wouldn't condemn someone elses relationship that isn't. I may not fully understand it, but it's their choice and they are free to set the rules and limits for their own relationships, and as long as no-one is hurt does it really matter?

When I was married and in denial I was totally at a loss to understand what it was that kept driving me to seek the "company" of men, even under the most insalubrious of circumstances. Now completely out and happily in a gay relationship it is easy to be monogamous, even though at times we are apart for weeks at a time. What confuses me now is why I get propositioned so often - it's not like an overweight, middle-aged baldy like me is much of a prospect! I am proud to be PA's partner and his alone. May our next few years together be at least half as good as the last six or seven.

Thanks, Albert(o) Wink for helping me discover how to be a happy man.

[COLOR="Purple"]As long as I was aware of my sexuality I dreamt of monogamisity (why isnt that a word?).

When someone tells me about this amazing BJ he had in some dark corner of some parks toilet... I just dont get it! I guess I should think "Good for you" and all but No Thank You Scared

btw, I bet our marsh just oozes sexual heat Wink2 [/COLOR]

fjp999 Wrote:... btw, I bet our marsh just oozes sexual heat ...
Only in my own imagination Wink