Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Met my son's new boyfriend
Met my son's new boyfriend today, he's staying for the weekend. Lovely lad, I'm really pleased for him Smile

SamWhitesox Wrote:Met my son's new boyfriend today, he's staying for the weekend. Lovely lad, I'm really pleased for him Smile

It is great as a parent when you actually like the person your son/daughter brings home.

I am sure he appreciates this as well...it makes life alot smoother and more enjoyable. So many kids end up playing referee between their significant other and a parent...

It does help, but even if I didn't like him I wouldn't show it to his face. I'm quite relieved that I do like him though, as you said, it makes like a lot easier Smile

SamWhitesox Wrote:It does help, but even if I didn't like him I wouldn't show it to his face. I'm quite relieved that I do like him though, as you said, it makes like a lot easier Smile

I don't have kids but I know the relief when a friend introduces me to a new mate and I like him...

The times I don't...I am still polite but I dread thinking they are going to ask me what I think about him later. No matter what I decide to keep to myself...I have an impulsive mouth and I pretty much say whatever I am thinking. I love it when they don't ask LOL

Are you guys celebrating Easter together?

Glad that he has found a nice boyfriend. My whole family loved my partner...so it was all very natural.

Yes he's staying the 4 day weekend. Easter dinner already planned Smile
Even better my 5 year old likes him too Smile

So yeah...my BFs mom thinks I'm absolutely adorable...probably because she has no clue about our relationship and accepts me as his best friend (which is also true)...it makes for some amusing situations, such as having her apologize profusely because I had to share a bed with her son on my last visit (the house was crowded with visitors). It also causes a lot of pain when we listen to the casual and careless homophobic comments about some neighbors who are gay.

Your son is very fortunate to have you Confusedmile:

SamWhitesox Wrote:It does help, but even if I didn't like him I wouldn't show it to his face. I'm quite relieved that I do like him though, as you said, it makes like a lot easier Smile

Don't get TOO attached to the BF... at your sons age, guys go through BF's faster than socks!!! Smile Ideally, Hopefully that won't happen... but ... it's highly probable.

I'm not expecting it to last forever, but it's nice while it does Big Grin

is he cute!, lol

seriously though, that's amazing. I doubt that even if i happened to get married that my family would really accept any partner of mine... so it's nice to hear that others aren't the same.