Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Met someone awesome that you'll never see again.
Alright,

So as of late I've been thinking about some guys that I've met and hung out with only once and after that I never see them again. I mean, not on a date or sex-type thing, but someone you meet randomly through friends or whatever, and after that one day you never see them again.

I remember this past winter, my friend asked me to see her in Boston for a few days. So I drove up there and me, her, and her boyfriend at that time were all hanging out at her boyfriends place. He shared the place with this other guy who's into Paganism, metaphysics, etc etc stuff like that. Once you get him started on a topic he just won't stop talking about it. And I loved talking about those subjects, and we just clicked, so much so that it annoyed my friend because I ended up ignoring her throughout the night.

I had so much fun talking to him about all those topics and it seemed that it'd never end. He was an all around nice guy, he was also gay, but I never flirted or anything. We just talked. And after that night, I never saw him again.

Sometimes I wonder what if, and then I laugh at myself and tell myself it'd be weird or something. It just sucks sometimes, cause I've made so many wonderful connections with guys [or people in general] and after that one encounter I never hear from them or see them again.

Has anyone else ever had this happen to them before? Or is it just a 'me' thing, lol Rolleyes

Nah. It happens a lot. I'm at a school that constantly have internships right after each study term. So my friends and i make new friends in different places, and time to time we just call them to a party. Some we never see again, some we see a lot. It's just normal meeting people.

Many times. But I didn't get the chance to speak to some of them.

I was waiting for an elevator in my office building's lobby. I stood on the left side of this beautiful lady. Then this guy appeared and he stood on the right side of the lady.

I noticed he was smiling to his ears. I thought he was smiling at the lady because the lady smiled back at him. Then the guy leaned to the front and smiled. Leaned back and he smiled again. I got it. I smiled at him. But I didn't talk to him in the elevator. I was shy (for no reason).

Few months ago, I bumped into him whilst heading out from our office building. I was with a colleague of mine. He smiled at me. He injured his left foot. I asked my colleague for an advice and she asked me to go get him. But I chickened out. I regret it afterward.

I saw him again on the next day. We both smiled at each other. I said hi and asked how he was doing. We had a small chat. He was waiting for an elevator at the moment. The elevator arrived. He looked at the elevator and then at me. I should have given my contact number but I didn't. "Alright, take care of yourself."
I said to him.

That was the last time I saw him.

Why was she dating a gay man? :confused:

^lol,

No.. to be honest I'm not sure what my friends 'boyfriend' at the times sexual preference was. I think he might be bi [of some sort] cause there's been a few times where he'd hit on me.. so.. LOL

Rolleyes

I felt that way one weekend when I went with my then roommate who was a lesbian to Maudes in San Francisco which was a legendary Lesbian Bar and then I spent the weekend at this amazing Victorian House that was all flats and maybe 30 lesbians lived in the building and we all got stoned and I was talking to alot of them for the next 48 hours....I had a crush on almost all of them. :biggrin: (Not a sexual crush...I just really enjoyed the conversation and the vibe)..

Then there was this one guy from Egypt who was maybe the sexiest man I had ever laid eyes on...he made me shake...he looked right though me and asked me what time I go off and I got so scared of how I felt that I started stumbling with my words...he was smoking hot. Instead we talked and he touched me a few times...gave me a kiss or two...my body was on fire....but that scared me..damnit.

Another guy who pretty much looked the same except he was from Costa Rica one night...dark curly hair and hairy chest...muscled...very intense....we talked for a couple hours and I wish I had gotten to know him better but something about him scared me as well.

There have been many times where I have talked to someone and we just hit it off and then I never see them again. That is like the best thing about facebook is that if you know there last name or can find it then you can reconnect that way. With my memory I have forgotten so many people's names that when I try and ask friends about that person they have no clue who or what I am talking about. Its rather frustrating to be honest with you. Cause as you get older you get more mature and think that we would have def hit it off now. I mean I think it was just Karma and perhaps with some of those guys I will see someday down the road.

Have you tried to contact him?