Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metal!!!!!
to all the metal fans, who are your favorite bands?( all sub-genre's included).For me i would currently have to choose...
:korn
:linken park
Confusedepultra
Confusedlipknot
:chimaira
just to name a few

I used to be a huge fan of Metallic until the Black album, but what really sealed the hatred for them is their stance on file sharing

I listened to a lot of metal/heavier music as a high schooler. I'm not as much of fan as I was then, but nothing fits better when I'm in the mood for it.

Some favorites that I still listen to with some frequency:

Metallica - classic thrash metal
Megadeth - ditto
System of a Down - as Patton Oswalt would say: "those Armenian geniuses!"
Mariyln Manson - master of goth industrial with a surprisingly smart socio-political message
Rob Zombie - love the song "Superbeast"
Opeth - progressive death metal, nice balance of shredding and lighter/moodier interludes and guttural/clean vocals
Otep - supposedly Manson has said her vocals are so brutal that they scare even him
Styles of Beyond - "Nine Thou" is the *only* metal/rap hybrid song that is actually done correctly
Masterplan - kinda cheesy, but I like "Spirit Never Dies"

This is in no particular order.

1. Asking Alexandria
2. System of a Down
3. P.O.D
4. Papa Roach
5. Attack Attack!
6. Suicide Silence
7. Devil Wears Prada
8. Linkin Park
9. Alesana
10. August Burns Red

I usually listen to dark wave, but I listen to about all genres from time to time. And Within Temptation is one of my all time favorite bands, though I was surprised to find they're considered symphonic metal (I didn't think of them as metal).

Other metal bands I like are Nightwish, Tristania, Ill Nino, Killswitch Engage, Cradle of Filth, Lacuna Coil, and Rob Zombie (there's a lot of RZ I don't like, but those songs I do like I like A LOT). I admire Marilyn Manson as a person as well but he's not a favorite of mine (though I do get in the mood for him from time to time, and I like his music enough, just not enough to get any CDs).

Here's a few (in no real order)
Judas Priest
Pantera
Testament
Overkill
Anthrax
Metallica (the older stuff) ... and I agree with dfiant on them & soundfiles

I know I could think of more LOL

I like gold Smile And silver ( /Trolling :biggrinSmile

Maylene and the Sons of Disaster
Stratovarius
Metallica
Kamelot

Seeing Twisted Sister above reminded me that I LOVED watching 80s metal vids. Actually, I like a lot of 80s music video as it seemed so many used them as a form of artistic expression in of themselves, and the metal bands were often hilarious and while often so over the top they seemed to be continously winking at their audience while flipping off those who would censor them and just having fun. Even in my 20s when I saw them on YouTube I loved them and I'm sure if I'd come of age in the 80s I'd have been much more into metal.

I'm also fascinated by the gender bending that went on in the 80s, and I was shocked to see how feminine Bret Michaels looked back in the 80s (as part of a band called Poison). Even the tougher looking guys, like those in Twisted Sister, used more makeup than I do. Laugh2

The Sword
Sikth
Versailles
Sceptic Flesh
Slayer (I'm from Philadelphia, it's a requirement)
Dethklok (the band of Metalocalypse, it's really good stuff on its own!)
Iron Maiden
In Flames
Lamb of God
Mudvayne
Vehement
Protest the Hero
Under Oath
Dance Gaving Dance (Ok they're not metal but Downtown Battle Mountain with Craig is awesomeness)
Feat Factory