Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microscopic or Ultramacro
Ultramacro, if there is such a thing. I bought one of these digital microscopes at the last ham fest on an impulse...but took some pictures I thought were neat...

[Image: micro1.jpg]
Groves on a old 78's record
[Image: micro2.jpg]
Closer look at the 78...
[Image: micro3.jpg]
Grooves on an stereo LP
[Image: micro4.jpg]
Closer, but slightly out of focus, of the LP
[Image: micro5.jpg]
Great picture of the tipped elliptical diamond on my Ortofon 2M red stlyus
[Image: micro6.jpg]
Front view of the stylus...

Anyway, have a 2M Bronze on the way and be curious how it differs as it is a "nude" (no not what you're thinking) mounted fine line stylus, I'm sure there will be less dust too....

In the mean time I'll have to find more interesting things to do with the microscope, my sister sent me some slides but no dice...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Thank God this was not about what I thought it was going to be.
I bid NO Trump!

Years ago I bought a cheapy microscope at Toys-r-us. It's highest setting was 900x. I was able to see my own sperm swimming around, which was pretty cool. Having never "met" them before, I felt kinda guilty jerking off a while after that. They were oddly cute little Sea Monkeys.

My sister got the microscope, I'm guessing something similar and I got a telescope...which was 40x, so I couldn't really see much with it... Oh that reminds me of something which I'll post if I hadn't already.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Borg69 Wrote:Years ago I bought a cheapy microscope at Toys-r-us. It's highest setting was 900x. I was able to see my own sperm swimming around, which was pretty cool. Having never "met" them before, I felt kinda guilty jerking off a while after that. They were oddly cute little Sea Monkeys.

AW...........
I bid NO Trump!

If you want gross, look at your fingerprints at about 30x.

Borg69 Wrote:If you want gross, look at your fingerprints at about 30x.

Yeah pretty nasty, that little bit is just from a dry erase marker lol

[Image: finger_mag.jpg]
Check out my stuff!

Ants, fleas, aphids, ... are cool too... in a gross way.

Borg69 Wrote:Ants, fleas, aphids, ... are cool too... in a gross way.

Well with my Nikon might be able to catch something but with my little $50 microscope trying to get something to stay still long enough is the big hassle
Check out my stuff!