Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microsoft Office much ??
Hokay, so part of my job (running the IT Department for the law firm I work for) entails running the helpdesk, so I get a lot of questions on a daily basis from the basic to the elaborate, but a lot of them centre around the Microsoft Office Suite of products ... which, if you're not familiar with them, include :-

Microsoft Word
Microsoft Excel
Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft Powerpoint
Microsoft Photo Editor
Microsoft Access

Whilst Word is my forté, I'm happy to try and answer any questions you may have for any of them (although I have to say it's very rare that I use Powerpoint and/or Access - we just don't have much call for them at work believe it or not).

... so I thought I'd run a poll just to gauge any potential interest ... wanna vote ?? :biggrin:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Hey Shadow...

I use Office 2007 and am absolutely loving it....

I love outlook and and the new powerpoint

I like the new Excel and Word

I don't how to use their

Access
Accounting
Info Path
One Note
Project
Share Point Designer
Visio

I think this software has come on leaps and bounds from the old 2003 version

Confusedmile:

You missed out FrontPage :biggrin:

Out of the Office stuff I've used... hate Outlook and have never understood Access. Although both can be very useful tools I'm sure.

Word and Excel are the two (and probably for most others too) that I use mostly.. and still learning new things all the time - as you well know :redface: Confusedmile:

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:You missed out FrontPage :biggrin:

I was just checking to see if anyone reads my posts Rofl

Hope your well Michael

xx

I wish you ran our IT department Shadz,you must be the world's nicest boss.Without consulting us,the IT guys changed our Office 2003 to Office 2007 overnight and they just left manuals on our desks,tsk tsk!I'm still struggling but I've found my feet now,me thinks.I use Word,Powerpoint,Excel and Access for those data bases.My job entails constructing charts and it's extra difficult to make charts with 2007,there's no Chart Wizard!tsk tsk tsk!

No WAY dude !! That's HARSH !!!!!

I always make sure the staff are WELL advised of any rollouts I'm planning (largely because I wind up having to carry the can for the overall smoothness of the operation, so if it's bungled or botched, it only comes back to bite me in the arse later anyway Wink).

Thanks so much for your kind words ya little CUTIE ya ... Bighug.

xXxXx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I use MS Office 2003. I use Outlook 2003 for all my email. I link all my gmail, website and my uni email addresses through it and have multiple inboxes keeping it all together, so love that!

I use Excel 2003 to manage my bank accounts (I have 6 different things to manage: student account, current account that im in the processing of closing, gold current account with natwest, credit card, loan account, ISA account, ISA 2 account etc. etc.). so yeah that manages all that lot.

I never really liked Frontpage I must say... it spouted a load of old sh!t into my webpages that really wasn't needed! *big ups DREAMWEAVER* hehe.

Word 2003 is a godsend hehe. I love it. I have publisher, powerpoint and access as well but never really make use of those anymore.

I must admit that I personally an more a fan of Office 97, 2000, 2002 and 2003 (XP) than I am 2007 ...

I just didn't get down with what they did with all the menus ... all that context-sensitive stuff started to grate on my nerves after a while, as I'm a keyboard shortcut whore, and it made that a bit more irritating Wink.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I use Office 2000 on XP and, with considerable reluctance, installed Word and Excel from Office 2004 on my G4 laptop.

Considering it's meant to be a suite of programs it's frustrating how little the individual programs have in common. :mad: I use Outlook several times every day and it only hangs mid-download a few times a week. :frown: I use Word and Excel most days. I can get Excel to do most of what I want, but I haven't worked out a way of transferring formulae between sheets on the same spreadsheet (maybe I'm just being dense :confused: ). However the graphics on Word never seem to stay put - aaagh :mad: I've tried several times to learn to use Access, but find it the most frustrating experience. It has to rank right up with Coda's Finale as one of the most counter-intuitive computer programs ever devised. :mad: :mad: I'd never use Front Page :mad: :mad: :mad: (but at least DreamWeaver can strip out all that extraneous code Confusedmile: ). I've used PowerPoint occasionally, but the last presentation I had to deliver I decided to put up pages on one of my websites and work live from that instead. I found it gave me a lot more flexibility. Confusedmile: Confusedmile:

Ian installed the new MS Money suite trial released in the US, today. We're hoping the UK version will be released soon as it's fantastic. Soooo many fantastic features that push my crappy little makeshift accounts spreadsheet to the floor hehe