Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microsoft for gay marriage
Their reasons are more pragmatic than idealistic, but I'm ok with that. I'm also glad to see they can recognize gay people as potentially valuable people whereas some others believe anyone gay is incapable of achieving anything of worth.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/01/20/..._marriage/

Quote:Microsoft has thrown its political weight behind a new law in its home state of Washington that would set up equal marriage rights for LGBT couples, an effort joined by local employers RealNetworks and Nike.

In a blog post, Microsoft general counsel Brad Smith said that the state needed the law so that local employers could attract the best talent to the state. LBGT people are unlikely to want to move somewhere that denies them the same rights as heterosexual staff, he argues, so the status quo makes Redmond less attractive.

“Washington’s employers are at a disadvantage if we cannot offer a similar, inclusive environment to our talented employees, our top recruits and their families,” Smith wrote. “Despite progress made in recent years with domestic partnership rights, same-sex couples in Washington still hold a different status from their neighbors. Marriage equality in Washington would put employers here on an equal footing with employers in the six other states that already recognize the committed relationships of same-sex couples.”

They have supported their gay staff for some time.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

That;s really interesting.... microsoft, it's great big companies like that are doing something about the gay movement whether it's a letter, blog or funds it all helps.

Fantastic , I hope more follow.Confusedmile:

hello,
I like companies like this which accept and are pro gay rights and marriage... Oner company i would recommend for this is FORD as they are very gay friendly as a company... I remember when it was going through in the UK FORD supported gay rights and put money into the gay community

could have go the other way like Target

good for them! brilliant.

lol, wait remind me what Target did again? I think I've heard something, but forgot about what it was...

what did target do? never heard about what they did... please inform me!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42267135/ns/...hts-group/

Quote:Target Corp. is suing a San Diego pro-gay marriage group to get it to stop canvassing outside its San Diego County stores, alleging its activists are driving away customers.

Rights advocates say the trial between Target and Canvass For A Cause that begins Friday could further strain relations with the gay and lesbian community after controversy over its $150,000 donation to a business group backing a Minnesota Republican candidate opposed to gay marriage.