Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Might have met someone...:D:D
First I'd like to say Happy Easter GS!

So I haven't been around much for a long time, cause of a few reasons; I'm shy, and tend to lurk more then post, and really haven't had anything special to talk about.

Well, the other day, I was on Facebook, looking through some posts in a Group for gay Geeks. I've made a few friends off this group, but wasn't really expecting anythingbig to come of it, just a place to go and interact with people all over the place, talk about geeky stuff, and basically things like that.

Well, I got a friend request from this guy, and at the time thought nothing of it. we had spoken briefly on a few posts, so I accepted.

Now, I don't use the Facebook chat much, cause again, shyness, although I do respond if people message me. Today, this guy says Hi, and I don't think much of it. we get to talking, and talking, and talking. Pretty soon, we're deep in conversations about our pasts, the things we've been through, stuggled with, and how it's affected us.

Now, I'm a bit low on self confidence, and as we talk, I'm expecting the momentum to die down and for him to lose interest, but the more we spoke, the more we seemed to connect.

We ended up talking for a whoe 13 hours straight! Usually, I wouldn't spend that much time at my pc, cause c'mon, that's excessive, but I don't regret a second of it. I feel like I know him better then people I've known for years. He's been through so much, and has emerged from it all stronger then he was before. He almost commited suicide, and admits, that when he was in the hospital, his old self died, but when he left the hospital, he left a changed man. He was no longer going to let the world destroy him, he was going to pick himself up, and become a better person.

The best part about this? He lives nearby! I'm going to meet him on Monday, since tomorrow's Easter. We're going to meet up, walk around and chat, then find a nice place to have dinner (My first date).

Of course, I'm going to be a bit careful, but I really doubt he's someone dangerous. The things we talked about... it would be next to impossible to make them up. And through the whole convo, I feel like my worst obstacle to meeting someone, my shyness, will be taking a back seat for the first time in far too long. My attitude hasn't been more positive!

I've got high hopes for Monday :-)

What a lovely story, I'm so pleased for you and I hope everything goes awesomely well. Be careful but have some fun Smile

I wish you all of the best and hope you have a great first date!
Keep us posted on how it went Smile

so i don't have to go outside to meet people?:biggrin:

Awesome!!! :biggrin:
Hope you have a wonderful first date!

Spades Wrote:I wish you all of the best and hope you have a great first date!
Keep us posted on how it went Smile

Will do Smile

jaxc Wrote:so i don't have to go outside to meet people?:biggrin:

Not necessarily, but as I said, I wasn't expecteding anything to really come of it :-)

good luck with it and hope it goes according to plan mister!

First date ... So exiting Smile Wish you the best!

Sent from BlackBerry by Seath

Hey, that's a wonderful story. It great to connect with a person and be able to explore each other. Xyxthumbs

So happy for you.Xyxthumbs