Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GameVlog/Walkthrough Concept
You know. I was thinking, which is never a good thing for y'all lol.

I wanna do a sort of gaming thingie on YouTube, even tho I'm not a super huge gamer person, just cause it seems like fun and I like watching them sometimes.

Awhile back a friend and I were into second life and all that biz in high school and we were going to do a YouTube thing about it and some other stuff, but school, life, blah blah.

But I've recently gotten into Emulators on my Kindle HD tablet, and have like a few games(obviously non Emulator as well), that would be fun to record and such.

Even games from the short lived Dream Cast, which now has a new Alpha emulator that is said to be the best so far with running games, such as ; Sonic Adventure 1 -2(Battle), Crazy Taxi, Resident Evil and so forth.

However I'm still trying to figure out how the fuck to work that particular emulator and its ROMS, seeing as how it only runs the very infrequently used .CDI and .GDI exts/files right now.

But I currently have ROMS that have been encoded into the Android system itself, so I bypass an Emulator entirely, such as;

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
[Image: 260px-ZeldaMinishCap_BoxArt.jpg]

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town & More Friends of Mineral Town
[Image: Harvest_Moon-_FoMT.jpg][Image: 250px-Box_Harvest_Moon_More_Friends_of_Mineral_Town.jpg]

Megaman X3
[Image: 177.png]

Pokemons: Ruby,Sapphire,Emerald, FireRed,LeafGreen and Red Mystery Dungeon
[Image: 670px-Choose-Between-Pokemon-Ruby,-Sapph...Step-2.jpg][Image: fireredleafgreen_maindetail.jpg]
[Image: Pokemon_Mystery_Dungeon_Red_Rescue_Team_(NA).jpg]

Sonic Advance 2,3 and Battle
[Image: Sonic_Advance_2_Coverart.png][Image: Sonic_Advance_3_Coverart.png]
[Image: Sonic_Battle_Coverart.png]

Final Fantasy 1 & 2 : Dawn of Souls
[Image: final-fantasy-1-2-dawn-of-souls-wallpaper.jpg]

Super Mario World
[Image: super-mario-world-1.jpg]

And some others, and possibly more when I actually get a GBA emulator, as you may have noticed all those games are GBA games.

So it would be fun I think to do a sort of walkthrough/commentary video system of games, particularly retro or not overly done, such as MineCraft, as mostly a hobby of sorts.

I actually listed those games to see which ones you guys may find more appealing, so as to start in a particular direction and not like 20 games at once lol. Even tho I know the games I listed are relatively old now :I, I do have more

For instance I wouldn't start Harvest Moon if Pokemon was the more preferred, as both are quite lengthy and in depth type of games.

I've always liked commentaries any who, so who knows, it may be awesome, may not, but I just feel like trying :p

So what are you guys opinions? You won't have to watch me obviously, you already get enough of me here lol, but what's your take on such a thing?

I've already finished most if not all these games before in the past on a real GBA and on my tablet as well, so I wouldn't be entirely new :p

And if I do decide to do it, I've also taken it upon my self to devise a schedule, so that viewers can give suggestions, blah blah and it becomes like a "thing" lol.

Even tho there are already quite a few "things" out there Sheep

Actually, bennie boo sparked the idea in me again, so blame his ass :p

I must applaud you for going with retro games instead of overdone trendy games that everyone and their grandma knows about and played (like Minecraft, Slender, Happy Wheels, and freakin Flappy Bird). If you do this, you're gonna need proper equipment if you want it to be good. A decent capture device is a must. Just recording the screen through a camera just looks bad and lazy. A good mic is needed as well of course. I don't think there's anything wrong with using an emulator, but if you do, you might want to keep the fact that you're using one hush hush. There are some people who feel very strongly against emulators because they're technically illegal if you don't actually own the game. I know some people who do tell their viewers that they're using an emulator because it's easier to record, but do claim and even show that they own a legit copy of the game. Also, if you're doing Youtube and want your videos monetized, it might be a bit difficult with certain games. Recently, companies like Nintendo and SEGA have dropped the hammer on Let's Players and even reviewers who use their games. Even though it's all under fair use, they don't care......it sucks. I actually don't know what some popular Let's Players and reviewers are doing about this at the moment, but just keep that in mind. Maybe read up about it, there are tons of Youtube videos of people's angry responses.

Also, this is just my opinion, but I do think a good Let's Play channel should have someone who's familiar with what they're playing and has interesting things to talk about while they play. Ever since Pewdiepie became king of Youtube, I've seen sooooo many channels try and imitate him and start gaming channels of their own, even though they pretty much know nothing about video games. They just want to do it because it's the popular thing to do and they usually play those overdone trendy games I was talking about. I also hate it when the person playing doesn't give the game their full attention. I've seen so many wannabe Let's Players who force out stupid jokes and scream a lot to keep the audience entertained. If you don't think the game itself offers enough entertainment, then you're doing something wrong. When I click on a Sonic Let's Play for example, I do it because I want to see the game and I want to see how you play it and what you have to say about it. I don't want to see you barely paying attention to the game while you spout out jokes and talk about completely unrelated things. Jokes are fine. I like jokes. As long as the jokes relate to what you're playing. Video games can be excellent joke material (Sonic 06, I'm looking at you). It's also a dead give away that you don't really care about the game you're playing if you start it and don't even finish it. So many bad Let's Players do this. They start a game, maybe even more than one, but get bored of it like 3 episodes in and move on to something else.

So yeah, sorry about that rant, but those are my tips. Pick a game that you know you'll enjoy enough to stay dedicated to and have plenty of things to talk about. If you truly enjoy a game, people will be able to tell. If you don't, people will know that you're forcing it. If there are ever in dull, tedious, or repetitive moments in a game (like leveling up a bunch of Pokemon), I'd edit that all out and just tell the audience that you did it off camera or it could get boring.

Good Luck

Oh thanks Tony Hawk Wink I appreciate those tips.

I've seen a few videos where people like start, and then take longer and longer to continue the series till it just flops. Which I do understand actually, as people do have lives, but I think the games that I would pick(like the ones I've shown), would be ones I'd stick with, cause I only like to play games I like lol.

And I no longer have a console like a DS or GameCube, which is why I started to poke around with Emulators, and technically most games that I would be doing a video on, would be games that are most likely no longer sold/made, so it technically would not disrupt the economic value of the company/game, however I don't think I could monetize a video anyhow, as I'm not in the US or UK.

But this is extremely true of the DreamCast games, as both the console and games are nearly gone from stores and such and are no longer being manufactured(to my knowledge) , so I wouldn't really understand why people would get overly upset over an emulator, especially one of an near obsolete console, but hey :I

Just because I'd be doing video games, doesn't mean I'm still not a sassy bitch lol, I will make it known(as it would be plainly obvious, from me playing Pokemon or Zelda on my Tablet) that its what it is and that its not like I just ripped Pokemon X or Y , which is like The most popular thing for most peeps right now.

I'm particularly interested in doing something with the DreamCast version of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, as many of the LPs I've seen are the GameCube versions(which I had as a kid) and some other "old school" games lolz.

I really do appreciate the info tho, I knew that about Nintendo, but not about Sega, as I've seen people(such as AttackingTucans) do loads of videos(that I think are monetized) on various Sonic games and such.

And before I even do start, I plan to learn how to edit and "timeskip" and such. I will play with my phone for recording at first, as it does have a video editing app(called Movie something >,> ) and is my only other device I can record with for now aside from my snowflake Microphone which I use mainly for recording music on my laptop.

If I get serious I'll obviously upgrade lol, but for the time being, I shall play this, as I always do :p, by ear.

:hugs-and-kisses-smi