Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minority or Under-Represented
Yes i feel like a minority, but things are changing where i live Smile

DerJack Wrote:I was just reading through the threads this morning and was once again confronted by a 'factual statement' that "the gay population is tiny". Do you guys really all believe this? I honestly feel like all the statistics and everything are strongly skewed by our societies' continued lack of acceptance. I just feel like gays being a minority is another way to try and push us into a corner and feel like less.... ya know what I mean?

I feel like there's many men who still go through their entire life as 'straight' but were actually interested in males the whole time, they're simply that good at keeping up the act. I dunno, maybe I just too skeptical of the media.... or have such a little idea of what they say to begin with, but I dunno I just feel like this concept that only a really small part of the population is homo or bi is probably pretty biased...

Hmm. I think that depends on how we define homosexuality. Are bisexuals homosexual?

If yes, then I think we are looking at a majority of the species being to one degree or another 'bisexual' or 'homosexual'.

If we consider a pure homosexuality - people like 7-up (Never had it, never will) where a man has never been with a woman, never will be with a woman and never sees any woman as being sexually attractive, then we are looking at a fraction of a percent - with the other extreme (100% totally straight, never being with the same gender, never consider it) being around 10%.

Were the Romans and Greeks a 'gay culture'? Where they homosexuals or were then in fact merely bisexual which is to say just sexual? While many of these ancient men "played around" the majority of them had a wife, had children thus were 'bisexual' more than 'homosexual'.

Is that the real norm for human sexuality? Perhaps.

Politically we are dominated by social morality which has its foundation in religion - A religion which was itself dominated by dirty old men who had serious issues with their own dirty, promiscuous and often even violent pasts. Their self loathing and self hatred for their own unchecked behaviors and their desire to attain some sort of 'idealized' perfection to appease some God who really doesn't care where you get your pleasure, tortured and twisted ancient passages to deny humanity a lot.

Control of other people was upper most on their minds. One way to control people is to control their desires. A sexually repressed person will feel 'guilt' at every turn, that guilt if used properly can be used to keep that person as your virtual slave.

I think we humans lost our ability to express pleasure, love, joy and this is why we are constantly seeking to destroy the world.

TommyinKY Wrote:What I find odd is a segment of the LGBT community wants to exclude particular groups like intersexed, genderqueer, bisexuals, transgendered, etc. Seeing whichever group as having separate issues from Lesbians and Gays. example This just decreases our numbers, our overall strength, and the opportunities for representation. We all share a common problem which is the gender roles and expectations society asks us to assume. So excluding part of our population just makes us more a minority lessens our representation.

The only problem I have with gender roles and expectations is the idea that as a man I should marry and have sex with a woman. I am sorry but those who wish to change gender roles further than that will not find support from me, not even for the sake of 'unity'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

The Kinsey report and its 10 percent is so out dated, being developed back ~1930, its almost a 100years ago. Yet the number continues.

With a gay population of 3-8%; jsut cant change society. 4example if we were given the right to marry things will continue as they always have. Conspiracy theory and fear drive most straight un educated >40year old population to inflates our numbers like >25%. We are not there.... yet.

The gay population in NY City is higher than rural NAmerica, so dont like where you live you have an option at least. LGBT is very old, always been a part of every animal population. With billions of people; the breeders should be the minority.

Acceptance of gays would be further along if we had a Harvey Milk. Those sort of people seem to not live long, where are the gun laws when you need them?
_________