Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missed Opportunity
So create some alone time. It sounds as if he likes talking with you, so how about you casually suggest you get lunch together or go for a drink after work? If he's into that, then prepare a simple line for later like, "You know I'm gay, right?" I think if you put it out there plainly, without attaching any attraction to him, you might find that he's comfortable with the subject. Then see where it goes.

Opportunity no longer missed. I got shot down.

Do I feel embarrassed? Yes

Do I feel sad? Hell yes

Do I feel just a little stronger about coming out? Yes

Next time won't be so hard I'm sure of it. The question still remains, who's the right one for me? Now excuse me while I go cry in a corner.

He wasn't mean, was he, Beau?

Oh no. Shocked would be the best word. He had absolutely no idea. I fake heterosexuality pretty well.

Oof. Blindsiding is much more fun if you aren't interested in them. I'm sorry it turned out that way, it's never as nice as the magical idea of what you wanted to happen.

But hey, now you can focus on you and not some stick-in-the-mud hetsy guy that isn't interested.

Kudos to you for finding the courage to act, now you know and can move on. Lots of fish in the ocean! You'll find one you like who likes you back.

Yep, the right one is out there someplace. Might be a wild ride getting there, you'll find him.

Sorry Beau.
I hope it works out better in the future. Also just give this guy time to heal and adjust to the new information and maybe you might still be okay friends. You probably took him by complete surprise and scared him.
Unlees you know it is done. Then you have no alternative but to keep looking. Sorry