Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Ex
I broke up with my boyfriend about a month ago, due to distance.

I was so sure that we could be better off apart, and so I told him, I didn’t want to hold him back if he met someone great who lives in HIS country, and to be honest, I thought at the moment that I might also get someone NEARER (but again, I’m not trying to be proud or conceited, mostly because I want HIM to be better and happier with someone nearer), then we set each other free.

We are still in touch, but much less often. at first, I felt it weird but was alright with it. Yet lately, I was so stressed out and depressed over work and life, I needed someone to talk to, and every time I logged in Facebook, I was always on the verge of telling him everything I was going through when I remembered that we are no longer bfs and I didn’t want to bother him with it. Until one day, I exploded, and had a row with my coworker, I broken down several times and finally told him, but got no answers because he didn’t go online. I cried myself to sleep that day.

The next day, He told me that I wasn’t such a loser as I described myself, and something along the lines. when we were still bfs, we send a message to each other every few hours, sometimes just emojis, but to tell the truth, back then I found it a bit too much. Guess it’s true that you never realize what you get till it’s gone, I find myself looking forward to getting message from him. At this point, I miss him so much.

But I do know deep down that he will be better off with us being apart, and we were so sad when we said goodbye, I’m in no hurry to do it again (somehow I believe we would do it again if we ever got back together).

Sorry for all the babbles (and poor English and grammar, too(grin)), maybe it is just a phase, and I just really wanted to utter all these feelings.

Anyway, thank you for finishing reading this. : )

You know, when I was younger I often would not date the girls whom I thought the most for. My mother would ask me why and my response was, "someone else could make them soo much happier than i could. They would be better off with someone else." Thats when my mother gave me some really good advice, "Son, anyone would be the luckiest person on earth to be with you. Dont decide who is right for them, let them decide for themselves!" So when you say he is better off, perhaps he is, perhaps he is also crying himself to sleep at night thinking of you.

Dont decide who is right for someone else distance may be a obstacle but one that can be overcome.
See what his feelings are and if the relationship is salvageable, salvage it Smile.
Anyway good luck to you
BIG HUG Smile

oh bless , you sound like such a caring person - you did a selfless act to make him happy in the hope he could have someone in his own country, and you may too ..... no wonder your so sad . Time is a big healer though...nobody believes this when their heart hurts...but its the truth..... if you can be friends from this point on it will make life better though, I can definitely say that is the truth through experience - big hug from me anyway

Fuzzy Wrote:You know, when I was younger I often would not date the girls whom I thought the most for. My mother would ask me why and my response was, "someone else could make them soo much happier than i could. They would be better off with someone else." Thats when my mother gave me some really good advice, "Son, anyone would be the luckiest person on earth to be with you. Dont decide who is right for them, let them decide for themselves!" So when you say he is better off, perhaps he is, perhaps he is also crying himself to sleep at night thinking of you.

Dont decide who is right for someone else distance may be a obstacle but one that can be overcome.
See what his feelings are and if the relationship is salvageable, salvage it Smile.
Anyway good luck to you
BIG HUG Smile

Thank you guy for your advice. : ) (HUG)

We sometimes think that maybe one day (well, honestly, it might well be ten odd years later), we could be back together. And have decided that we would stay friend and if ever meet someone great, will move on with our lives.

matty7 Wrote:oh bless , you sound like such a caring person - you did a selfless act to make him happy in the hope he could have someone in his own country, and you may too ..... no wonder your so sad . Time is a big healer though...nobody believes this when their heart hurts...but its the truth..... if you can be friends from this point on it will make life better though, I can definitely say that is the truth through experience - big hug from me anyway

Thank you for replying guy. : )

Well, I'm not really THAT caring though, I did think that I might also have someone nearer. And we have decided to stay friend and if either meets someone great, will move on with our lives.