Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mission improbable
[COLOR="Cyan"]I had a revelation. I have been talking alot about the same guy on here for some reason but I realized its not because im infatuated. Its because I dont feel like I could possibley get someone of his league to even notice me sexually. I wanted to impress him one way or the other. I want to be the guy who gets flirty looks from the bar tender.
I am 5 foot 11 and 280lbs. I want to lose it. NOW. I have set a goal of looking nice and healthy by may 30th. Why may 30th? Because to my knowlage that is the next time I will be seeing my lesbien AND they gay friend I called derp. I dont want to sleep with him. I dont want to date him. I just want the satisfaction of being noticed by him. I mean I already know he doesnt think im horrible looking as we had a little encounter. But dammit I want to walk into a gay bar and NOT feel like I dont belong there.
We will al be going to boston for some mecha gay club around the time of my lesbians bday. I am dedicating 2 hours a day no matter how bad my work day to going to my gym and working my ass off. litterally. Between my labor work as a landscaper and all that gym time I will be damned if I go to this party looking the way I do. I want MY ass to be checked out. Im sick and tired of being like this. I dont feel like this.

I want to know if any of you have ANY other advise for me to help in this conquest?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:[/COLOR]

First, congrats on being motivated to make a difference! However, May 30th is only six or so weeks away. If you can truly commit that much time to the gym, perhaps you'll see major progress, but remember that the healthiest weight loss is (unfortunately) a slow weight loss, a couple of pounds a week I think I heard was the healthy rate once. Perhaps devoting that much time to the gym is good to get yourself started, but eventually you'll need to find a healthy balance of exercise and smart eating choices to maintain.

If you are going to devote that much time to the gym, it's best to alternate either body parts worked or perhaps even more ideally the weights and the cardio. Your muscles actually grow best when you do give them a little time to heal, so for example you could do strength training M-W-F; cardio T-Th-Sat; rest Sunday, or something like that. I do recommend doing both. Muscle weighs more than fat, so you might not necessarily lose the same amount of pounds - but you'll still look beter, plus strength training contributes to a higher metabolism. One thing to possibly do is to use a tape measure and measure different parts of your body; this may help be more accurate than just a scale.

WATER. Drink lots of water. Not diet soda. Not fruit juice. Water. Sometimes when we feel hungry, we really just are thirsty and water is enough to quench a hunger pain. I've also heard of doing a few stomach crunches etc when a hunger pain strikes.

You may want to count calories, and along with this get a food scale. Short of that, just remember portion control! You can still snack but have a banana or some PB on a celery stalk for a snack. For meals, fish is supposed to be good; I don't like seafood myself but eat lots of chicken and eggs; lean pork can be good too.

I know there are examples of how to do exercises on sites like bodybuilding.com; this is important as I've been told that form is important in getting real results. Not that I've utilized it as much as I should; but they literally have tons of videos with different body parts and different modes (i.e. barbell, dumbbell, cable, body only, etc).

Also, get a good night's sleep! Which I should get off to myself, but hope this helps as a start... one last note though: don't get discouraged. Setting goals is great, and you can see at least some progress in six weeks. But realistically it'd be good to have some longer term goals too. It seems like it's much easier to gain weight than lose weight, I swear I can gain a good 10 pounds just over the holidays and then take months to lose that! But the first step is getting dedicated and commitment and it sounds like you are Smile Good luck!

Thanks. Alot of tha stuff i started doing a while back but I just wasnt optimistic about it. I actually discovere after posting this thread tha I used my weight from a month and a half ago. I lost 20 pounds aperently. im now 259. So I know Ill look like I want to some day.

See, you're already making progress! Sometimes it takes a little time for the looks, like how round or not our face is, to catch up with the actual loss, so that may be why you didn't notice just from looks... but 20 pounds is a great start, just gotta keep it going!

You can do it... It's all (technically) very simple. Exercise and eat less calories than you burn.

The hardest part is actually forcing yourself to do it... so try hard to find that motivation. I go to the gym 5x a week, and the feeling I get after working out is what keeps me going back. Smile

You can do it... It's all (technically) very simple. Exercise and eat less calories than you burn.

The hardest part is actually forcing yourself to do it... so try hard to find that motivation. I go to the gym 5x a week, and the feeling I get after working out is what keeps me going back. Smile

I have been sticking to it religiously. Ive been in the gym everyday after work. I alsways make sure to do 100 whatevers on each of the machines and 5 miles on the tread mill. I think its overkill but hey.

Also the reinvention aperently hasnt stopped there. I freaken dyed my hair. Ive never done it before. Im also getting a tattoo and revamping my wardrobe. Ive gone all crazy high off life haha.