Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mister Tinkles rant - First "inter-racial" TV kiss
Once again, the media is blitzing about Star Trek being the TV show that had the first inter-racial kiss.

A BLATANT AND BOLD FACED LIE!!!

I Love Lucy was the FIRST nationally aired TV show that had an inter-racial kiss.
Lucille Ball is a born and bred white North American, and Dezi Arnaz is a born and bred South American Cuban.

Star Trek was the first (that we know of) for a "black and white" kiss, but NOT the first for an inter-racial kiss!!!!

STOP THE FREEKING LIES!!!!
Twak Twak Twak

Rant over.

Ok. Awesome! Good to know. Smile

Just don't be hatin' on Trek! Wink

EMH Wrote:Ok. Awesome! Good to know. Smile

Just don't be hatin' on Trek! Wink

Im not hatin on Trek, Im just tired of the media using that as a false gimmick to sell more Trek stuff.

I am a trekkie myself.

The use of it to sell more "Trek-stuff" is a little annoying, I agree…
But never-the-less, it was still a pretty iconic moment in TV history, given that it was the first (as far as I know) Black/White kiss aired on television.
But I understand.

I do love how you anounced this was a rant Biglaugh

and yes, oh, my, I used to watch Lucy with my grams when I was a kid hehe...

They consider that in i love lucy that since hispanic is not a 'race' that technically it wasn't an inter-racial kiss. Isn't that dumb?

Woollyhats Wrote:They consider that in i love lucy that since hispanic is not a 'race' that technically it wasn't an inter-racial kiss. Isn't that dumb?

I dont know that Cubans are "hispanic", are they? Although hispanic is not a race, but an identity description.

Although some people argue that Cubans are "white", they are not. They may be light skinned, but that does not mean they are white.

Still........there is a big difference between an "inter racial" kiss and a "black and white" kiss.

I think I love Lucy is still on the Hallmark channel. Good stuff.

Point is, it wasn't a White on White kiss, some people didn't like or understand it and some loved it with all their voyeuristic hearts.

I personally being a product of interraciality, find it to be so hawt.

Black and white is so boring, y'all should be mutts like me.

#Team Hybrid
#Team Mutt

Lol

Oh please, every knew Ricky was a WHITE Porta~rican.