Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile Contract Cancellation.
Okay im on an O2 24 month contract - Ive only done 4 months but I seriously am being ripped off :S at first it seemed fine but they neglected to say the offer only lasted for a 3 month period and my bill went from £30 a month to £45.06 with VAT.

For this I get way too many minutes and no internet or anything. But I want to cancel as O2 in general is rubbish.

So does anyone have any advice on how I can charge a £900 cancellation charge? I know its a long shot but I seriously feel ripped off :S
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Yeah why didnt you look at thr contract before you bought into it?

I think the pre pay 30 day packages are FTW!

Go into an o2 shop and see what you can do

Jake Wrote:Yeah why didnt you look at thr contract before you bought into it?

I think the pre pay 30 day packages are FTW!

Go into an o2 shop and see what you can do

I did look into it. Spent weeks picking one. It was advertise with free unlimited texts and that but it didnt specify this would have to be an added bolt on driving the cost up. Smile I shouldn't of picked the contract - But I should of been made aware of it all. One month deals don't offer what I want Smile
[/COLOR]

You can complain through the trading standards agency as thye didnt advertise it correclty or go in and try your case......otherwise your stuck i think Sad

Twazzle Wrote:It was advertise with free unlimited texts and that but it didnt specify this would have to be an added bolt on driving the cost up. Smile

If it was advertised as including free unlimited texts but in fact doesn't, unless you buy the bolt-on, then that is plain mis-advertising. You can simply report them to your local trading standards office.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

They can't increase your bill unless you're going over the minutes/texts can they?

For that kinda price you could of got a really nice gift with your phone, like a PS3 or a massive LCD TV.
Or a new iPod touch 32GB.

Do you think its worth a shot considering it was advertised with unlimited texts and not saying it would have to be a bolt on to report?

And it came with £150 back.
[/COLOR]

Twazzle Wrote:Do you think its worth a shot considering it was advertised with unlimited texts and not saying it would have to be a bolt on to report?

And it came with £150 back.

Some phones you can get a PS3 and £150 cashback.
Get what you can, I've heard some bad comments about O2 and cencelling contracts etc.

I read something earlier someone on £50 a month after 9 months you can reduce.. they reduced to the minimum of £20 and then on month 10 cancelled which meant they had to buy out £20 a month which for me would be... £280? which would be A LOT better... but thats still another 5 months? :l
[/COLOR]

Twazzle Wrote:Do you think its worth a shot considering it was advertised with unlimited texts and not saying it would have to be a bolt on to report?

To if that was indeed the case then I certainly think it is worth a shot. However, companies as big as O2 don't usually make such obvious cock-ups in their advertising, so just make sure that the advert actually failed to say what you think it failed to say.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.