Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modelling!
u are talented ^_^

Hi DtotheJtotheM, yesterday I perused your photos for hours, and WOW, you have an unbelievable natural (?) technique with the camera. You truly have an eye for location. However your pictures are missing that essential soul. They are aesthetic, but they are too deliberative, too calculating. Your models are too aware that they're being photographed. I am not a Photographer, and I know nothing of technique, so my opinions are of no concern to you. BUT, as a consumer I am one picky bitch. And I see very little in your pieces I would buy for the house; but you are on your way to great stardom!

Aaycle Wrote:Hi DtotheJtotheM, yesterday I perused your photos for hours, and WOW, you have an unbelievable natural (?) technique with the camera. You truly have an eye for location. However your pictures are missing that essential soul. They are aesthetic, but they are too deliberative, too calculating. Your models are too aware that they're being photographed. I am not a Photographer, and I know nothing of technique, so my opinions are of no concern to you. BUT, as a consumer I am one picky bitch. And I see very little in your pieces I would buy for the house; but you are on your way to great stardom!

It's odd, so many people have told me otherwise concerning the soul in them, but alright! It is refreshing to see a new stance on it.

Personally, I like having models being aware of the camera. It gives more focus on the person as a person rather than a character of a storyline - which I also like, but as a photographer that is simply my preference in execution. Is this in the context of the photographs of me or the photographs I have taken myself in another thread I posted?

Thank you very much!

Hi DtotheJtotheM,

I looked and looked, and I've written down the ones I love, but misplaced the paper I wrote the ones I loved on. And it is over 150 photos, way to many to review. And, today I've looked at the other ones you've recently posted under the theme Daniel, and I loved numbers, 1, 4, and 5!! I think these are brilliant and soulful. From what I can remember from the ones I've seen yesterday, you have a model in a garbage with ballet shoes on...this is a wonderful and jarring photo; but the model is too aware to blase (blasey). Then I fell in love with the one of her between two buildings walking away from the camera; her skirt in animation; this is beyond and sublime, and I would spend my money on this, as it is just awesome photography.

And, no this is not merely a critique of the photographs of you, but an overall assessment. I picked out the photos that made me stop and stare, and fell in love with those few (I felt those were the ones that had more soul, than the others).

But, I am not a professional, so again, pay me very little attention!

thats nice