Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Britains floods!
No offense to anyone in these areas or having to live with this..........but.........

Nobody has forced anyone to live in these dangerous places. And as stated previously, this type of thing has been going on for centuries, so its not something that just "happened out of the blue".

It is also the fault of the government for not updating and upkeeping sea walls that are meant to protect these places. Also the fault of the government for allowing such places to be built or lived on in such dangerous areas. Nothing wrong with living in a village or town that is 1 mile from the coast, or further inland, in these bad areas. There is plenty of other places on the sea edge, where this type of weather does not happen, Im sure.

Instead of spending a few million updating and securing these areas, government would rather wait until billions of dollars in property is damaged and destroyed, as well as the occupants.
And it is the occupants stupidity for living in such dangerous places.

Dont worry, this kind of ignorance is in all governments. Even here in Texas, they dont widen roads or highways until its 20 years too late......and when they do finally get to widening and repairing the roads and highways, they create more mayhem and accidents than they would, if they had done it at the beginning of the moving in "boom" to this area, instead of leaving it for 20 years....to get so dangerous.

The governments of the world do not believe that "proactive" is a word, much less one that needs to be taken seriously.

I agree with all you say mistertinkles except this thing has not been going on for centuries as you should know with your weather in texas and these are probably connected somehow and its called global weirding.

partis Wrote:I agree with all you say mistertinkles except this thing has not been going on for centuries as you should know with your weather in texas and these are probably connected somehow and its called global weirding.

Well, someone made the comment earlier about how this was going on for many years/centuries.

And yeah, the weather has been really fucked up around the world. Weird doesnt begin to cover it!!!!

LOL

in my part of the world, you're welcome to send those rains over.

it is definitely needed

trywait Wrote:in my part of the world, you're welcome to send those rains over.

it is definitely needed

Yep, same here.