Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Money is the Anthem of success...
Well not sure what is normal per say. Here is what I am worried about. I will have to take out a student loan. The problem is that I have to of course pay it off, even if I work at Burger King, they will garnish your wages, come after your social security check, etc. Bankruptcy doesn't get you out of repaying like it used to. So I pretty much would have to make it work, which is why I want to take a class first, see how it goes, see what my options are, etc. I don't want to end up trying to repay another loan where I am at.

I definitely took advantage that I live with my parents, just the wrong way. Unfortunately, pot works very well on me and did it for 10 years. So actually kind of envy you in a way. I mean it was all good and fun and getting stoned is not like much else, but it certainly isn't worth wasting your life on and that's coming from someone who smoked it daily for a quite some time.

Here in the US, college is a business for the government. The government took control of student loans and they'll give it to anyone, whether they are going to school to take pottery, for example. They're not saying oh yeah your grades, your major, you're probably not going to be able to repay the loan. So you, the student, have to be pretty damn real. Then you have people saying oh you don't need no BS degree, you just need to believe that unicorns fly too...

I will admit, it is quite possible to get quite far without a degree or even with an Associates (2 year) degree. However, it is quick to run of track. The other problem is that everyone has a BA or a BS or some other undergraduate degree, so you may end up needing to get a Masters or a Ph.D to really get to where you want to be.

Back to the point about the student loans, it makes no sense for me or anyone to take on $25,000 in principle when you're going to pay back an additional $12,000 in interest, spread over 10 years. Even if I get a job paying $50,000, between the mess I already have and the one I created with student loans still pretty difficult to live off of. So I have to think very carefully about what I do so I'm not this guy...

[Image: b6440361db474fdfc3d0873640c0ba78.jpg]
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!