Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Money loan From your partner when you truly needed and he says no when he has the $$?
We'll see if we get a link to a kickstarter page in the next few days. Smile

Lex

Lexington Wrote:You don't have a partner.

Lex

Lex got there before I did.

I hope that this is finally the wake-up call that you need to move out and move on.

Go to a Pay-Day Loan Company. Problem solved! Next!
~Beaux

Like East has said, I don't really like these kind of threads because we are only getting one side of a story. Though in this case I guess the he said/he said is not of the same importance to the story since this isn't really about someone accusing their partner of a horrible deed like cheating, abuse, or a horrendous argument. The money thing is not really the issue here. The OP will likely find a way to solve that. So while we don't have both sides of this story, what really matters is Zurdoknoc's perception of this relationship and from the many threads he has made about this relationship, looking at it through his eyes it does not seem like he is getting what he wants and what he needs to make him happy.

You're starting to sound like one of the Oprah wives in the many relationship problem episodes of the that show where the wife/girlfriend had a lot of complaining to do about her relationship but never did anything about it. How long do you stay in a relationship where you are not getting what you want? Every relationship has at least some occasional issues, but yours seems to be one after another. Do you somehow think things are just magically going to get better? Not even hearing his side, only yours OP, I think in the back of his mind he is also likely questioning your relationship. Just wanting to be in a relationship does not make a successful relationship.

We have been together for 3 years. We share bills and I pay him rent. I've never been late in Abu of those. Sometimes we take vacations and we split the cost of it. I am not using him to get into this country. I am already legal. Always Been because of a work permit. What I am applying for is permanent residency. It happened faster than what I and the lawyer expected. They asked me for 1200 within days in advance. I got the money and oaid it. Then within 2 days they asked for another fee to be paid. Due to this urgency and my current work permit expiring soon u needed the money. We share living expenses. A dog. We do not have assets together because he doesn't want to. He is very protective with his assets because his ex wife fucked him up taking from him 50% of his assets. I mentioned to him I woul pay him back in 2 months max.

- Borrow $100 from 10 friends.
- Sell your possessions on craigslist.
- Sell your partner's possessions on craigslist.
- Have a yard sale.
- Ask your partner if he knows how you can earn a quick $1000 from him or anyone he knows.
- Borrow $1000 from your partner's son. Have the son get it from your partner.
- Borrow $1000 from your partner's friends. Tell them why you have to ask them for it.
- Sell your blood plasma.
- Apply for a credit card, take a $1000 cash advance.
- Take a second job.
- Or more generally, take more initiative yourself. $1000 isn't that hard to earn.

I pay child support for my 2 daughters. I don't ask him for any kind of Finantial favor at all. I pay him rent and we share vacation expenses. This $1000 came in a short notice and to a time sensitive issue if not taken care of. I came to this country by myself. Since I have a "partner" my first natural reaction to ask somene for help was him. He is 20 years older than me. Basically during this 3 years he Has showed no commitment. He could see me going through anything and never offers help of any kind. To be honest with everybody, I'm fed up of a relationship with no commitment from his part. We don't have sex, we will never be real partners. We will never buy a house or a car together. We will never have assets together. He wanted me to pay 50% of his mortgage and I said no. Why should I? It's not our house. It's his. I just think I picked the wrong person at the wrong moment and took time to realize it. Yes there are 2 sides of the story. But his side is way better than me: I've helped him when he has been sick. I've been monogamous even though we do not have sex. He wants to travel. I go with him. Anyway. The issue with the money i got it resolved by myself. What I get from all this is another wake up call to see the person I am sharing my life with.

Is this guy really worth it??

If he is, then...where there's will, there's a way...

Lexington Wrote:You don't have a partner.

Lex

Yes
so stop calling him that
Hope you can move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceblink View Post
How long do you stay in a relationship where you are not getting what you want?
^^^
This.

I'm sorry to say it, but this doesn't sound like it's what you want at all. Or what he wants either. Not that I think he should lend you the money. He's not a cash machine and it very well could be that he doesn't want to start being one.

Some here say that $1000 isn't that big a sum. I DO understand how it can feel that it is. I've been there myself, and not that long ago.

There are a number of good suggestions for you from others on this thread that should help you get what you need.