Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monterey Jazz Festival
Anyone else like Jazz?...or have you ever been to a Jazz Club or Jazz Festival?

We are excited because we may actually have the weekend free this year....

So...I am gonna do a jazz thread. If you have any jazz stuff you want to post...do it. I would love to listen....

I do like Rock and R&B music...but jazz is kinda like home for me and in the end...what I like best...

For instance...when I hear other people get excited about Lady Gaga or The Beatles...or anything...I might not like the same thing...but I have that excitement about jazz.

So...my favorite artist ever is Chaka Khan...I don't know if she will be there or not in September....

My Favorite...

At Quincy Jones B'Day Party with my other favorite singer - Patti Austin

At the Montreaux Jazz Festival in Switzerland 1996 w/Quincy Jones and Simply Red's Mick Hucknall

With some of the best musicians on the planet..AND Ashford and Simpson and Quincy Jones...and also one of my favorite songs...

George Benson...besides reminding me of sex on a stick (I think he is so damn sexy)....

LOVE his voice...and his vibe....and these two videos are my most watched now on You Tube

w/ Toots Theileman and Rachelle Ferrell at the Montreaux Jazz Festival.....

and with Jill Scott ...love this

Herbie Hancock...Stars in Your Eyes from 1984

LOL...I just thought of something. This is the one topic that will bring my BF to read the board. Maybe I will play his favorites so he can watch them all in a row....

For you Dave Remybussi....

TC Carson & Patrice Rushen

Chris Botti and Sting

Chris Botti and Sy Smith

Boz Scaggs...San Francisco 2003 Smile

Boz Scaggs ...San Francisco 2003...We're All Alone

Everytime He Comes Around - Minnie Riperton

Chuck Mangione and Esther Satterfield.....my first jazz album that I fell in love with

The Crusaders w/Randy Crawford...I had to buy a couple copies of this LP 'cuz I wore it out...

I am also a HUGE Jazz lover and have a lot in my music collection. I am a big fan of Rachelle Ferrell and I still play Boz Scagg's music a lot with one of my favorites being "Miss Sun"...I go to the Jazz Festivals in here in town a lot and I am so looking forward to going this year.

JohnSomebody Wrote:I am also a HUGE Jazz lover and have a lot in my music collection. I am a big fan of Rachelle Ferrell and I still play Boz Scagg's music a lot with one of my favorites being "Miss Sun"...I go to the Jazz Festivals in here in town a lot and I am so looking forward to going this year.

Sweet! Rachelle often gives me goosebumps...maybe the most underrated vocalist of our time....and Boz..been in love with that guy since high school...he makes me want to strip and jump into bed LOL

Diana Krall....Look of Love in Paris

Boy From Ipanema...Live in Rio

Girl From Ipanema..Stan Getz and Astrud Gilberto

Amy was a great jazz vocalist......

Back to Black has a lot of jazz influence....so does a lot of other pop/rock/funk