Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Queensland mother says her gay teen son was bullied to death
Darius Wrote:But Doc, you are strong and have a natural fight instinct. This boy's mother said he was small and feminine.

That's pretty much a throw away line, you are blaming the victim- what is implied in this statement is that he was a victim because he was small and effeminate which rather illogical because even big brave army men fall to bullying and suicide

[/QUOTE]I still can't understand why the mother never reported any of this to the school. She's going to have to take this to her grave.[/QUOTE]

You are blaming the mother.

YES Doc may be bigger, stronger have a natural fight instinct, but you at the same time CANNOT disregard the fact that there may be some fights he can't fight on his own and he would deserve no less or no more support than this 13 year old boy should have got.

I'm sorry if that is not what you wanted to say, but that is the way it can be interpretted.

Understand your position but I dont know what to tell you? What do you want us to say? Is it a tragedy? Yes. You said there are laws on the books to prevent this type of thing from happen bit they arent being enforced and incidents are going unreported. There are resources and for child suicide and gender issues, he didnt use them? We dont know that and unfortunately we will never know. There isnt anything more we can do to prevent this the other side will have to change and meet you half way, thats going to take generations of social change in your country. It seems to me the system and society failed this child.

I know what Im talking about I was bullied for years as a child believe me I wasnt any bigger than that boy, the only person smaller than me was retarded midget in the special class. I did consider suicide when I was a child everyday almost and after I came back from Iraq I attempted it, I was lucky that a friend found me and got me to the hospital. I understand what its like to have a hard time.

People are cunts and children are cruel, I say this all of time. Its happened before and it will happen again and again before its over. You know it and so do I, as long as people are different there will be somebody who wants to hurt them for being different. Everything else aside a child is dead, and hopefully it isnt in vain maybe people will spread his story. You need to tell your people to tell their people to spread awareness and pressure the education system and try to stop shit like this from happening again.

deephiance Wrote:That's pretty much a throw away line, you are blaming the victim- what is implied in this statement is that he was a victim because he was small and effeminate which rather illogical because even big brave army men fall to bullying and suicide
I still can't understand why the mother never reported any of this to the school. She's going to have to take this to her grave.[/QUOTE]

You are blaming the mother.

YES Doc may be bigger, stronger have a natural fight instinct, but you at the same time CANNOT disregard the fact that there may be some fights he can't fight on his own and he would deserve no less or no more support than this 13 year old boy should have got.

I'm sorry if that is not what you wanted to say, but that is the way it can be interpretted.[/QUOTE]

Interpret it anyway you want. You obviously know me better than I know myself.

BTW, I was not blaming the mother for the death of her son, but she certainly was not doing all she could to report the bullying. Too bad the young man didn't have a better support system with friends. I really believe friends are a big part of defeating bullying.
Bullies are basically cowards who pick on the most vulnerable and that means those without a tribe to care and protect them.

it's not about knowing you better than yourself, it is more about how your words are interpretted.

'Take it to the grave' is a phrase commonly used to 'blame' someone for their actions or inaction. If you can't understand why she didn't report it to the school, please read all the statements made...the school would have done nothing and the school is NOT legally obliged to do anything, especially when it occurs outside the school juristiction.

Bully's are not always cowards, bullies at times are acting out on what they are exposed to, for example - Domestic Abuse. That is not saying that it is right, but understanding bullying is a key to trying to solve the issue of bullying.

Unfortunately here in Australia the man has to be a man and it is so unfortunate that if you don't fit the stereotype 'man' role, then you are a target...Honestly, most Australian's are to apathetic or too fucking lazy to change or to want to change, and that makes me fucking angry because we really do have a great country here.

Once again, I am sorry if your words were misinterpretted, but please understand how easy it is to do.

What you call blame, I guess I would call regret. I suppose there can be an element of self-blame in regret. It happens all the time when a person loses someone to death that they loved. Regret, while it can be misplaced, is a vey common reaction to loss. It can also teach us much.

In America this happens all the time.
It's gotten to the point that I've become numb to it.