Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More troubles with my mother
Oh geez, Blue, I'm so sorry. You told me part of this the other day, but this is the first I've seen of the letter. :-( My late grandmother used to tell me I should not hang around my lesbian friends, as they recruit innocent girls, you know.

My grandfather (same side) is pretty at that point with me since I left the church, and since I left the husband of 12+ years, and they don't even know I'm gay. I'm concerned that if I come out to my family, it will be much the same, and I fear they'd pressure my parents into doing the same thing. Right now, that's not something I can afford to lose, but you, my friend, are much stronger than I. Not to mention what might get said to my young, impressionable kids. Or my nieces, whom I love. I'm on thin ice with my sister and her husband. If they got wind I'm gay, I don't think I'd ever see those kids again.

And yet, the confessed brutal beater of the family, the one who is responsible for destroying our youngest sister, who used to beat the shit out of the family dog behind closed doors, who can't hold a job (even though he's able bodied), who openly and proudly works the family, system, and local churches, and is determined to have six kids total (third is about to be born)? He's been forgiven because he said "sorry" for brutally beating and exposing himself to the youngest sister. A sorry he doesn't mean. Oh yeah, and he's the one who has lied to many people, telling them I sexually abused him (did effing not!). Point being, no, there is not justice in some families. Mostly due to strict adherence to religion.

By the way, they had no right to tell you to change your name. They could try, but you know, there's no legal bearing on that. I know you did, but you know, it's better to embrace the original spelling than the corrupted version anyway!

This is why so many people turn away from religion, and the religious nuts wonder why. :Confusedigh::

(Sorry. Not meaning to hijack. With possible funeral coming up for the other, nicer grandmother, this ugliness is coming up yet again.)

Long time ago, but I wanted others to see how bad it can get and, what we can survive and, come out okay in spite of it all.

After they legally disowned me, I saw no reason to argue over my last name, besides who doesn't love a "Frenchman" LOL

Blue I am so sorry! I'm literally about to cry over that. I don't understand how a parent, or anyone for that matter, who claims to love a fellow human being, much less gave birth to that person, could say such things! That is so hypocritical and is 95% of the reason most people have given up on Christianity. Again, my heart goes out to you my friend!

Blue Wrote:Long time ago, but I wanted others to see how bad it can get and, what we can survive and, come out okay in spite of it all.

After they legally disowned me, I saw no reason to argue over my last name, besides who doesn't love a "Frenchman" LOL

LOL my boyfriend is of French descent. Drives me absolutely crazy when he speaks French to me!

Do you know why I kept that letter? One reason, the day I revived it, and every time I read it, I smile and the song "Thank God and Greyhound She's gone" runs through my head. I don't need that attitude or, the insanity in my life, and it doesn't take blood to be family. Any old egg bearer and sperm donor can be a mother and a father, it takes someone special to be family and, I've got a great family, just not a blood family is all.

I hope it never gets to that point for you, or anyone else, but if it does, it isn't the end of the world, and things do get better when the chips quit falling Smile

Crazy good or crazy bad??? :redface:Confusedmile:

princealbertofb Wrote:Crazy good or crazy bad??? :redface:Confusedmile:

Oh crazy good most definitely! Wink

all this stuff in intertwined for archubbycub
catch me if i am wrong:
some how the mother has attached her homophobic self to the children to fill them with god fear.

Blue Wrote:Do you know why I kept that letter? One reason, the day I revived it, and every time I read it, I smile and the song "Thank God and Greyhound She's gone" runs through my head. I don't need that attitude or, the insanity in my life, and it doesn't take blood to be family. Any old egg bearer and sperm donor can be a mother and a father, it takes someone special to be family and, I've got a great family, just not a blood family is all.

I hope it never gets to that point for you, or anyone else, but if it does, it isn't the end of the world, and things do get better when the chips quit falling Smile

That's exactly how I feel about my situation Blue. I have found over the past couple of months that there are so many people in my life, and more coming in each day, who love me and accept me for who I am. These are the ones I call family! Smile

pellaz Wrote:all this stuff in intertwined for archubbycub
catch me if i am wrong:
some how the mother has attached her homophobic self to the children to fill them with god fear.

No pell, my mom recently posted on Facebook that I'm not the son she raised and that she doesn't know what went wrong. Then I found out she's been seeing a so called therapist who told her that the reason I'm gay is because I was raped or molested as a child.