Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More troubles with my mother
archubbycub Wrote:As far as my mom goes, I don't think she'll ever change. She's so brain washed by her "religion" that she can't see the forest for the trees.

If there's any chance she might change then this vid might help once it sinks in:

(Note: do NOT threaten suicide. Not only might this backfire as some people see it as manipulative rather than a cry for help but it could open you up to being legally committed, and quite possibly by someone with fundamentalist beliefs. Heck, even just being regularly committed leads to all kinds of problems even without that.)

And in any case I find this hopeful:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/pict...n-humanity

[Image: enhanced-buzz-9656-1340127251-3.jpg]

Remember, once Christianity used the Bible to justify (and even fight for) slavery, but it changed (though not overnight). Most Christians today (at least outside of Africa) believe slavery is a barbaric practice and even believe the Bible is against it (it's not, but I don't feel inclined to correct them). And that's just one example among many. I'm hoping that the above pic is a herald for the near future. Confusedmile:

I know Pix but honestly, and I love the woman to death, but I think even if God himself came down from heaven and looked her in the eye and said, "Being gay is okay by me," she'd still doubt what she saw and stick to her out-dated beliefs.

archubbycub Wrote:No pell, my mom recently posted on Facebook that I'm not the son she raised and that she doesn't know what went wrong. Then I found out she's been seeing a so called therapist who told her that the reason I'm gay is because I was raped or molested as a child.

Your answer should be: "Yes, molested as a child by inappropriate religion! The rape of my heart and soul!"

Pix Wrote:If there's any chance she might change then this vid might help once it sinks in:

(Note: do NOT threaten suicide. Not only might this backfire as some

people see it as manipulative rather than a cry

for help but it could open you up to being legally committed, and quite possibly by someone with fundamentalist beliefs. Heck, even just being regularly committed leads to all kinds of problems even without that.)
Though it makes me angry that this woman was not strong enough to find out this truth before her child's death, I know no parent should have the pain of losing their child to such ignorance. It pains me and does irreparable harm to all of humanity.

princealbertofb Wrote:Your answer should be: "Yes, molested as a child by inappropriate religion! The rape of my heart and soul!"

I like that cause in a way that's how I feel. For 21 years I kept my "true self" locked away inside of myself out of fear of persecution and ridicule. And I know there's "no future in the past" and I still think my kids are the best thing that came out of my 13 year marriage, but when I look back at everything I missed out on and the hurt I've caused not only to those close to me but to myself as well I just want to kick myself in the ass!

archubbycub Wrote:I like that cause in a way that's how I feel. For 21 years I kept my "true self" locked away inside of myself out of fear of persecution and ridicule. And I know there's "no future in the past" and I still think my kids are the best thing that came out of my 13 year marriage, but when I look back at everything I missed out on and the hurt I've caused not only to those close to me but to myself as well I just want to kick myself in the ass!

Consider trying a dildo instead.... Wink

princealbertofb Wrote:Consider trying a dildo instead.... Wink

Winknudge I'll take that under advisement!

I think you've done enough of the apologising... Start living your life as a mentally (and sexually) healthy man.

princealbertofb Wrote:I think you've done enough of the apologising... Start living your life as a mentally (and sexually) healthy man.

I agree wholeheartedly PA. I'm through being anyone's "whipping boy." It's my life and by damn I'm going to live it the way I see fit.