Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mormon Mom talks about gay son
Parents who supported Prop 8 on behalf of the Mormon church changed their mind after they realized their son was gay:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/28...42297.html

Quote:This week’s Huffington Post Gay Voices RaiseAChild.US “Let Love Define Family” series installment challenges our readers by combining the triple threat of hot-button topics: politics, religion and sexual orientation. Read on as Rich Valenza of RaiseAChild.US shares his frank conversation with one truly amazing mom, Wendy Williams Montgomery.

I don't even think it's hypocrisy, because they've changed for all gays, not just their son. The way it looks to me is that they DID NOT THINK about it, they just did as they were told because they'd been conned into thinking that made them good people, but once they realized their son was gay they then DID THINK about it and everything changed.

I think that's why acceptance to gays has come about so quickly over the last decade, before most people didn't think about it, but once they saw we were real people and realized people they knew, maybe even loved, were gay then people began to reexamine their beliefs. Because they'd never actually believed anything before, they'd simply gone with the flow, but once their brain was activated then they stopped going with the flow and started rowing.

(watch the complete documentary)

Fish Out Of Water Q&A

Pix Wrote:I think that's why acceptance to gays has come about so quickly over the last decade, before most people didn't think about it, but once they saw we were real people and realized people they knew, maybe even loved, were gay then people began to reexamine their beliefs.

I agree with you 100%
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Well this is just pretty damn good. Confusedmile:

Makes you wanna think it will be ok.

But we still have this kind of moms, even if it's "allegedly", it's dreadful.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/27...ostpopular

We can even take away the "gay" son part over to..this is one abusive b*tch. I wanna hear her life story to know why she became like this

^^^ In cases like this I honestly believe mental health comes into play. Murdering your son is just never a normal response.

I think that as homosexuality becomes more recorded (and with things like the internet and scientific research it will continue to be), people will increasingly merge their beliefs with an acceptance of homosexuality.