Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mormons at it again
Rychard the Lionheart Wrote:... So he could have but the bible does not mention a book called 'Jesus goes to America'.
Oh, it's better than that. Jesus "visited the American continent" after the crucifixion, but before the ascension Wink

Rychard the Lionheart Wrote:Why do you think we have colleges, schools and universities run by the church, what better way to recruit the next generation of religious fanatics.

These misguided morons really enjoy and abuse their position of power to spread hate, but become angry and hostile when challenged over their own moral standards.
When the state has been unable to provide the church has been happy to step in and, as you point out, raise the next generation of believers. There are, of course, some who will say, with some justification, that the best cure for Christianity is fourteen years of education in a C of E school, but we are in the middle of a huge expansion in the provision of state education by churches and religious organisations and I do not believe this to be a good thing. How much good did segregated education do in Northern Ireland? Fair education for all and equal opportunity for every religion can come from a completely secular education, but I do not believe that that the same degree of fairness can ever come from devolving the decisions to so-called "faith-schools".

Oh, it's better than that. Jesus "visited the American continent" after the crucifixion, but before the resurrection Wink

Laugh2LaughBumpClap

eastofeden Wrote:... This is a religion who forbade black people from becoming members...and they actually think they have ANYTHING to do with God? At one time they must have believed black people were inferior beings ...
To the best of my understanding you are correct - up to a point. Black people were admitted as members of the Church through baptism, but were not, as I wrote in the previous post allowed to hold the so-called authority of God, the priesthood. Brigham Young, the second president of the LDS church after Joseph Smith was killed, said the following in a talk given in 1852:
Quote: Now then in the kingdom of God on the earth, a man who has has the Affrican blood in him cannot hold one jot nor tittle of preisthood; ... That time will come when they will have the privilege of all we have the privelege of and more. In the kingdom of God on the earth the Affricans cannot hold one partical of power in Government. ... it is the Lords will they should receive the spirit of God by Baptisam; and that is the end of their privilege; and there is not power on earth to give them any more power.
Young took a hundred slaves across the plains on the trek west and slavery was actually legalised in Utah on 4th February 1852.

I am sure you are familiar with Young's attitude to women :mad:

eastofeden Wrote:Oh, it's better than that. Jesus "visited the American continent" after the crucifixion, but before the resurrection Wink

Laugh2LaughBumpClap
Eeek! Sorry, I meant to write ascension, not resurrection, but it is no less a fiction.

Yesterday, one of my friend just visited me from BYU ( if you don't know what is it then google it, 95% of this school is Mormon lol ). She could not stand that shitty Mormon town in Utah any more and decided to transfer to A&M. Great choice.

conechvn Wrote:Yesterday, one of my friend just visited me from BYU ( if you don't know what is it then google it, 95% of this school is Mormon lol ). She could not stand that shitty Mormon town in Utah any more and decided to transfer to A&M. Great choice.
BYU is an extraordinary choice for anyone who is not a Mormon! As an RM (returned missionary) my son had an option to go there when he moved to Salt Lake City several years ago. He couldn't stand the attitudes there so he applied for and got a place at the U (University of Utah).

marshlander Wrote:BYU is an extraordinary choice for anyone who is not a Mormon! As an RM (returned missionary) my son had an option to go there when he moved to Salt Lake City several years ago. He couldn't stand the attitudes there so he applied for and got a place at the U (University of Utah).

It 's a good choice for international students who do not have money to go to other college in the US.
Their tuition is really cheap compares to many school and if you convert to Mormon you will get like 75% off + some decent scholarships.
Most school in the US do not give that much money to intentional student since the economy is bad now. Also, BYU is not a good school academically.

I joked with my friend that she sold her belief for a handful of dollars and a fictional book :biggrin:

It's actually NOT funny Conechvn... As you see, your friend was saved, just in time by her being educated enough to make a real choice. I think luring people into their university (-ties?) by making them practically free borders on prostitution.

Well, it's not easy to convert us. We come from a country that deeply involves with Buddhism so pretty much none of us believe in God or thing like that. Actually, I was thinking about applying to BYU when I was in high school (Because it 's cheap). However, when I looked at their application which required 5 bull sh*t essays about how God relates to my education, I decided it was not worth it. God has nothing to do with my education, all of the achievement that I get in my education is because of working hard. Hence, I did not apply to that school.

I know people who go to the church in that school every Sunday to get tuition waiver, and are still not Mormon. Big Grin

But that is hypocritical, to say the least (ok, ok, I'll grant them that they get by as they can) but for every gullible student they convert, it's probably worth their while.