Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most likely never.
Mike Wrote:I agree with you about almost everything you said.

About this:

They may be asking him, because they worry, and not because they 'just want to know'. We can't know how they'll react. He has to wait until he is ready to take the plunge.

If he thinks they might not take it so well, he should maybe wait until he is financially independent, because he can never know how they'll decide to deal with it.

He'll know when he's ready, but we can't assume anything about why they have asked him about it 3-4 times.

I think we're both saying the same thing here dude... I'm not encouraging to out himself immediately or be pressured into doing it, I don't quite know where you got that idea?

I'm suggesting that after being asked about it initially, there are already some thoughts of this in the mind of his parents, therefore meeting halfway at an appropriate time would be the best way forward.

Sil Wrote:I think we're both saying the same thing here dude... I'm not encouraging to out himself immediately or be pressured into doing it, I don't quite know where you got that idea?

I'm suggesting that after being asked about it initially, there are already some thoughts of this in the mind of his parents, therefore meeting halfway at an appropriate time would be the best way forward.

Ok Smile
We're on the same page Smile

Maybe MusicInclined ought to ask his parents why they've already asked him 3 or 4 times that same question... Is it because they worry, or want to know something but daren't ask?

Sometimes relationships with adolescents are difficult for parents, because they'd like to be included but at the same time realise that this is a time for their children to grow and gain their independence in many ways. So they feel it wouldn't be appropriate to pry, or be too insistant with their questions.

Maybe his parents are trying to adjust to the kind of adult he'll turn out to be. For the moment they can't have seen too many girlfriends at the house, and maybe they are wondering why. In any case it seems that it has been one of their concerns.