Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mother is trying to cure me from being gay
I have a homophobic family too. What I did was "date" girls just so they wouldnt suspect anything but still have my guys secretly.

Tell your mother to see the doctor. Lots. You're candor and honesty will stand you in good stead for the rest of your life whereas her small minded, bigoted philosophy will condemn her to unhappiness visited on herself. Many people who have her reaction feel that they are somehow responsible for the sexual preference of their children. Sure, they may not be able to accept you as you but, think about this, long before this issue, she was not able to accept herself. If you can leave do so. For a time she will think she's won until she realizes she's lost her son and her telling people about why you're gone and her attitudes will simply lose her friends and their respect.

You're 18 and mental hospitals you either have to volunteer to enter into OR a doctor has to demonstrate you are a threat to yourself or others. Trust me, this is one I know very well - been there, did that - both voluntarily and because I was a threat to myself.

No normal Doctor is going to say gay is a disorder. The AMA and the APA have rules governing homosexuality:

AMA: https://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/about-a...ation.page

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientation.aspx

I strongly suggest you do this research, print up the pertinent information and carry it with you to whatever "doctor" your mother decides to throw at you. IF this "doctor" starts seeking to 'cure you' throw the AMA and APA doctrine at them and then demand to see a real certified doctor.

Yes there are so called doctors who are doing 'cures' for homosexuality. They are NOT backed by the AMA and the APA - and those two organizations are the only ones that really count when it comes to the science behind sexuality.

It depends on how you are feel. I hide my unique gene identity for 16 years since my childhood. At first sight when I was enrolled into 2nd year elementary school, the boy who was sitting beside me is attractive and I thought he is cute. Furthermore, I start questionning myself about weird feeling. Until I was 16 years old, I have realised that I am unique not because my personality but my thought as man-woman perspective (Bi-sex).

I keep question myself that am I do something that my religion forbid to do so? And I start find solution thru finding the truth and fact about being bisex. As age grow older, I simply understood that, "as long as you dont hurt anyone feeling, then it will be alright to be somebody else".

From your share story, it is truly understood that mom and brother has done their best for you. But you'll have to understand that there are many path of life. Choose your own that you believe, so that you will happy. Your mom and brother will not stay longer with you, the important thing is how you find your happiness. Trust yourself. You can do it.

Regards,
Luke

And if none of the options provided by these lovely people work out, you can always tell her to get fucked. I had to do it when my mother wouldn't get help for her drug problem. Now she's clean and re-married. I still won't talk to her but she cleaned herself up. Just know that if she won't care for you there are people out there who will. <3