Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mother's Day
I took my grandmother to red lobster and listened to her complain about everything.

Happy mothers day to all the mothers.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

My mother is the most positive, supportive person I have EVER known. She rarely has anything bad to say about anyone. She has always wanted to know all my friends, and they were always welcome at her house -- even if I wasn't there.

I helped her move into an "assisted living" apartment last fall, at age 85. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. She is a full day's travel away from me, but just a mile from my brother.

I sent her a card, which is a pop-up bouquet of flowers. I also called and chatted with her this morning. I make a point to call her at least once a week.

She was the baby of her family, so all of her siblings, cousins, and most of her friends have already passed. I think she is very afraid of death these days. I owe her more than I can ever repay. I gave her her only grandchildren, so that's something she cherishes anyway.

When I told her last fall that I have a boyfriend (my first), she paused a moment then said, "I'm so glad you found someone you feel special about." I love you, Mom!

ceez Wrote:I took my grandmother to red lobster and listened to her complain about everything.

The response that came instantly to mind is, "By the way, Mamaw (*), not only are we making these people break the Fourth Commandment (**), but Leviticus 11 says eating lobster is an abomination, and I just brought you here so God would hate you as much as he hates me. Now we can burn together, forever. I love you, Mamaw. Anyway, [asking more about why her life sucked]?"

(*Mamaw, on my Dad's side as opposed to Granny whom I normally share about here, is very negative toward me and generally sticks her nose up at everyone, quick to complain, so I thought of her. Naturally, she's also very Christian. :tongue: )

(** Obviously wouldn't work on Seventh Day Adventists, in which case I'd replace the "fourth commandment" with, "Oh, and btw, I became Catholic. I'm still not going to honor the Fourth Commandment anymore than the Fifth, however, and I swear to God to ignore the second and third, hell, Moses can shove all those commandments up where the sun don't shine, because Jesus died for my sins and I'm getting my money's worth! Mamaw? Well as long as you're being quiet I thought this would be a good time to tell/remind you that I'm gay. So tell me why else you relate to Job.")

Btw, in case you don't know the commandments:

http://www.10commandments.net/

Ekwarph Wrote:F*** that was mothers day today ???

Argggh Sad

EDIT : pfiouu in France is on May 26th...you made me afraid LOL

I had a moment like that yesterday lol