Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies should have gay couples naturally in their plot
Some movies already do this... Like Scott Pilgram, or Big Daddy

I think there should be more movies that just have a gay couple in them, and they don't prod at it to make a point that they are gay though. Like they are just naturally a part of the story... Or are just naturally in the background of the main character's story, even the main character is gay yet that's not what the story is about.

That way it just seems more natural to everyone. They see them as gay in the story, and obviously it stands out, yet non of the other characters make a big deal about it. They just move on with the plot, as if the two were a straight couple.

Maybe it could help raise awareness, show everyone its just a part of life. What do you guys think, should I write movie scripts?

thisLIFE Wrote:Some movies already do this... Like Scott Pilgram, or Big Daddy

I think there should be more movies that just have a gay couple in them, and they don't prod at it to make a point that they are gay though. Like they are just naturally a part of the story... Or are just naturally in the background of the main character's story, even the main character is gay yet that's not what the story is about.

That way it just seems more natural to everyone. They see them as gay in the story, and obviously it stands out, yet non of the other characters make a big deal about it. They just move on with the plot, as if the two were a straight couple.

Maybe it could help raise awareness, show everyone its just a part of life. What do you guys think, should I write movie scripts?

Yes i agree we do need more gay characters in mainstream movies,but sadly in a lot of movies being gay is treated as a "issue".

As for the movie scripts why not? Have a crack at it,you might find it fun and could post some of you ideas for us to read if you wanted to. Smile

I think it wouldn't be a good idea. Although the main point - showing everyone that same sex relationships are normal - is basically good, but I don't think movies could make people see sense. Cinemas might be half empty, as there still are many people who are uncomfortable with homosexuality.

You also have to bear in mind that mainstream movies require "stars" and there are still many of those who will not play gay roles.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams