Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies that should/should not be remade
So was thinking about this, here are some movies I would like to see a remake on and some I think should never be touched.

First the ones I would liek to see a Well Made Remake on

Stroker Ace
The Last Starfighter

And ones I think should never be touched

The Goonies, first saw it when I was 10 or 12 i think, just a great classic, can never be improved on.
E.T. To this day, every time I see this movie I cry.

So, can of worms opened, what do you guys think?
Richard

When Worlds Collide. I think it would do real well updated to the 21st century. The 1951 version was good for its time - real good.

ANY of the slasher movies should not be remade. Never - ever - hell they shouldn't have been made in the first place.Wink

If anyone thinks about a remake of 'Stand By Me' I would stab them in the eye with my curled up Stephen King bookmark.

I would enjoy a remake of Towering Inferno with new tech Spec efx, as long as they stayed true to the story or perhaps added a little more suspense.

Remake
12 Angry Men(A legit remake, not a made for TV movie)
The Quiet Man

Guess I'd like to see new takes on old movies.

Never Remake
Star wars
Indiana Jones
Jurassic Park
Titanic
Shawshank Redemption
Seven
Harry Potter
The Exorcist
It's a Wonderful Life
The Shining

Basically iconic movies should never be re-made. What made them good has come and cannot be recaptured, leave them as the pieces of art they are. I don't want to see Justin Beiber playing Han Solo or Blake Lively on the bow of the Titanic.

Wizard of Oz
sound of music

They should burn the new Author

Remake.
The Beastmaster (1982)
Omega man
Clock work orange
The Blob
The California Kid
And last but not least , please do not shoot me for this . Logans Run
The rest they have remade.

Not to be redone ever.
Never touch any of the Star trek movies.
Blade series
Highlander series
I will think of more as I go.

gone with the wind should never be touched

Remakes have the potential to be good, but usually sell out for just better effects or a gory scenes, rarely taking the opportunity to take an older movie and see how it would fit in our modern world.

Having said that, one movie I'd like to see redone would be Child's Play, but I want it done right, as little CGI as possible, but improved visuals, robotics. I've heard its rumoured, but nothing seems to be in production yet.

Hmm, can't think of much else at the moment since most other movies have been remade. I almost said Psycho, but remembered the craptacular 90s version with Vince Vaughn as Norman Bates xD.

XRIMO Wrote:Remakes have the potential to be good, but usually sell out for just better effects or a gory scenes, rarely taking the opportunity to take an older movie and see how it would fit in our modern world.

Having said that, one movie I'd like to see redone would be Child's Play, but I want it done right, as little CGI as possible, but improved visuals, robotics. I've heard its rumoured, but nothing seems to be in production yet.

Hmm, can't think of much else at the moment since most other movies have been remade. I almost said Psycho, but remembered the craptacular 90s version with Vince Vaughn as Norman Bates xD.

You have your wish Childs Play is being remade :-)

difiant = honestly before seeing ur post the first movie that came to mind was Stand by Me.. if they touch that movie then im goin postal