Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies you recommend
Like how real storyline of the movie was kept hidden.So many shocks and the suggestions that Heath should get an Oscar nom...hmm,we'll have to see.Loved "Twee Gesig"!Another movie that I enjoyed is called "Empire Records".It's an old movie (1995) and ir about this interesting group of American teens working in a music store and all the events that happen to them during the course of one fateful day.

I will not watch the dark night out of respect for the actor that died.

He is being used as a publicity stunt which is horrible, let him RIP!

Publhcity stunt how?Remember how last year,they were just releasing sneak pics of The Joker?Well,they stopped doing that when he passed and they revised their marketing campaign.

CardShark Wrote:I will not watch the dark night out of respect for the actor that died.

Actually, I did the opposite, I saw the movie out of respect for Heath Ledger. His performance is phenomenal and it was his craft. When people die, it makes what they accomplished more valuable because it will never be seen again. This works for actors, painters, writers, and any craftsmen.

As far as I can tell, I never once saw a commercial or trailer that exploited the fact that Heath Ledger had died. He worked hard for his role and he left it for everyone to see.

CardShark Wrote:I will not watch the dark night out of respect for the actor that died.

A point of view, I suppose ...

And while I did think the hype over a possible posthumous Oscar was rather overdone, a bit distasteful and possibly not even warranted, it does seem to have died down now. If you enjoy Heath Ledger's work, then do yourself a favour and see the film. He is magnificent as The Joker.

As for letting someone RIP, that's a whole different discussion, which I shan't pursue out of respect for your loss Wink

Ok, a few of my faves off the top of my head

Dark Knight (Heath MAKES that film, it is incredible)
Mamma Mia
The Crow (I have seen that film soooo many times and I still love it)
Edward Scissorhands
Sweeney Todd
Pirates of the Carribean 1,2and3
Matrix (all three but mainly the first)
Priscilla Queen of the Desert
Devil Wears Prada
The Full Monty (partly cos of the Sheffield link)
Chocolat
Rocky Horror Picture Show
St Trinians

Some are faves for watching in a mindless, glass of wine and tub of ice cream way, others are more in depth and faves for storyline etc.

One to miss - Cloverfield. What a waste of time and money that cnema trip was.

Yeah cloverfield came out very fast to DVD, I was rather dissapointed as well.

Hancock is brilliant
If you liked the old war games film you will like the new one, it brings a new light to the old one!
Don't mess with the zohan - I expected more but still funny!
Wanted - sum it up in 1 word AWESOME!

If you like gay interest movies my 2 favorite are
Adam & Steve
Shelter

Watch CRAZY! Its great.

Seriously.

Remember though, Sharkie, he was an ACTOR and that's what actors should be remembered for, their acting skills, of which he had plenty. Let him RIP of course, but I think we can all agree that this is one of his great masterpieces. So why not go and enjoy the acting. It's just too sad that he had to die, but I don't think you can blame the producers for his untimely death. They wouldn't have needed to use that stunt for publicity, in fact. The film stands on its own, really.

BiPenny Wrote:Ok, a few of my faves off the top of my head

Dark Knight (Heath MAKES that film, it is incredible)
Mamma Mia
The Crow (I have seen that film soooo many times and I still love it)
Edward Scissorhands
Sweeney Todd
Pirates of the Carribean 1,2and3
Matrix (all three but mainly the first)
Priscilla Queen of the Desert
Devil Wears Prada
The Full Monty (partly cos of the Sheffield link)
Chocolat
Rocky Horror Picture Show
St Trinians

Some are faves for watching in a mindless, glass of wine and tub of ice cream way, others are more in depth and faves for storyline etc.

One to miss - Cloverfield. What a waste of time and money that cinema trip was.

Sounds like we could be cinema buddies BiPenny.... lol and we could also share our stash of Häagen Dazs... (oh no, wait, we CAN'T possibly SHARE!!!!) :biggrin: