Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving On
I have thought about this long and hard and have come to the realization that I just don't fit in here or belong here so I am leaving for good. Thanks to the people that have cared about my posts and hell to the people that haven't because I didn't care about yours either so it balanced out. I have realized that I really don't visit as often as others and with my small amount of posts it's not like I matter anyway.

I am not seeking attention or etc. It's just time to start deleting my membership in various online forums. I have become consumed by the internet and social media and I need to slowly drift away from such things. I need to get away from things that I don't find healthy for myself. I am going to write in my blog and vent my feelings and what not there.

Well anyway I am deleting my account after this post and perhaps it will delete all my posts like I was never here.

Jason, I hope you reconsider, I think you are a great member here, and I enjoy reading your posts.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I also hope you reconsider. I've enjoyed following your posts and your journey.

Namesake, I will miss you, even if I share some of your own misgivings about the site.

I'm here for now, but I agree that internet reality is a pale shadow of the real thing.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:I've enjoyed following your posts and your journey.

Yes to the journey as well. I often feel that when it comes to LGBTIQ the "T" is often overlooked.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Jason,

Please reconsider.

I do care... I'm just not able to park my ass at my computer 24/7 and catch every post here. I am really sorry I didn't see your post the first time around. Its nothing against you, had I seen it I would have responded immediately.

I'm sorry I was tardy, I'm certain many others here missed the post as well. It wasn't intentional and lot a sign that no one cares. It is a sign that the bloody humor posts either need to be stopped or removed from the New Posts ticker like the word games threads were.

I have asked for that to happen as has others.

Perhaps Andy will see this thread and do something to stream line the new posts window so posts like yours will be there when we come on line.

Understand Jason, we all come from all around the globe, thus we are not on when you are, and lots of activity takes place between the time most of us come on.

I think most of us try to be supportive and as helpful as we can be. Please be patient, its the internet and not as quick as a phone call or face to face meeting.

I sense that you may be going through a rough patch at the present time...stepping away from the computer can be a good thing to do every so often....but it doesn't mean that you have to delete.

I think that many of us have learned a lot from your posts about the journey you are on and the challenges that face a transgender person. This is helpful to us all.

it's never about care or not, but you stated the answer of your question of why people don't respond to your posts

Jason74 Wrote:I am not seeking attention or etc. It's just time to start deleting my membership in various online forums. I have become consumed by the internet and social media and I need to slowly drift away from such things. I need to get away from things that I don't find healthy for myself. I am going to write in my blog and vent my feelings and what not there.

I don't have the slightest intention to be mean, but everyone has their own things to do
they just here in the leisure time to see how is it going here and I believe they didn't spend so many time here
I didn't know how the forum was in the past, was it very crowded or there were lots of active member, but now it's pretty much like this
the not so crowded forum with less active members Smile

Honestly I've learned a lot from your experiences and I will not be pleased if you leave us for good. Come on Bighug

Hope you stick around. It may not seem like it but I read your posts and do care, I just have no idea what kind of advice to give because I don't share a frame of reference with most of what you're having to go through right now. If you do decide to leave, all the best to you. (By the way if you self-delete your posts will remain - they would only disappear if you asked Andy to delete you himself)

Also I'm with Bowyn on the humor threads. If every lame copy-pasted chain-mail joke in the universe is gonna have its own dedicated thread, they don't need to crowd out posts that are actually important. Or at least have one thread for all of them or something.