Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving forward without
Thanks, rover. I think I'm coming to terms with the fact that if he hasn't responded in four years, it's likely he has nothing to say. If he does, so be it, I won't give him the same treatment, but I will ask for an explanation before I decide to even try to be a friend.

Okay, so I got sooper freaked out today. I dreamt that I had Google image-searched the guy this thread is about, and that I had found pictures of him (there was more to the dream, but less relevant to the point). Usually, I don't put much stock in dreaming about such specific actions, but when I woke up, I decided to do it. I searched his name, and a bunch of other people with his name came up. Then I noticed a watermark in a photo of his that I had seen before (the first time I saw it was years ago, when we were still sort of friends, and it didn't have a watermark then). I went to the site that had applied the watermark, and found an article about him, specifically an article labeling him as a closet-case tool that lives with his parents despite having a bachelor's from WSU, and his screen name on Manhunt. The article's author also claimed he had bottomed for this guy, but he still claims he's a ladies' man.

I can't substantiate all of the information, but I sent him a message today saying I wanted to talk to him in person, not to be obnoxious, not to make him uncomfortable, just to talk, and that's what I'm planning to do. Just talk to him.

Since you want to give it one more try I think that's great, you have a lot of determination.

If he contacts you, hopefully you will get clarity regarding this guy. If he doesn’t, try not to be too disappointed. From what you have written in your last update he might be carrying a lot of baggage.

However it turns out with him you can be sure of this:

One day when you least expect it, some guy will walk into your life and steal your heart and this guy from your past will become just a memory. Until then you owe it to yourself to move onwards and upwards.

I'm really not planning on taking to him about anything other than regular catch-up. I'm done chasing him.

Good luck with that, Counselor. I hope he responds and it goes well. If he doesn't, I hope you can move on and not give your fantasy about him more energy and attention.

Geminize Wrote:Good luck with that, Counselor. I hope he responds and it goes well. If he doesn't, I hope you can move on and not give your fantasy about him more energy and attention.

Even if he doesn't respond, I'm going to talk to him. If the claims in that article are true, I have to. If they aren't, no harm done.