Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving in?
So here we are.

Me and Jake have patched some of our previous troubles up. But it's one thing after another.

He's suggested that i move in with him, and i don't know what to say. Bearing in mind this is with 3 of his friends. (His friend's parents are moving house and decided that she could have the house for herself and some other people ie; Jake and me ect... as long as rent is paid.)

Anyways i'm not so sure i could live with Jake, don't get me wrong when he's not around all i think about is cuddling up on the sofa with him with a coffee but, he lives a different lifestyle to me and i don't think i could ajust so easily. Plus the distance means i'm going to be moving away from all my friends. I could do with a new start, but i don't think i'm ready yet (For the new start that is)

So as you can see, i want to, but i don't want to. Help.

Just be careful. I've lived with lots of different people, and most of them pissed me off (especially my close friends). It also multiplies with the number of people you are living with. So, use your judgement if you want to move in with them or not, you need to think of what you want.

Hi,

I'm so sorry you've been having problems with your boyfriend. I know how heartbreaking it is to go through that.

I'm not telling you what to do but Don't do it.<<<<<<

It's Sad to say but true. I have personally lived with both of my ex bf's & loved it. It sounds like we got along much better than you and Jake though in terms of living patterns, simiular believes, liked doing the same things, spend quality time together, etc.

Having your boyfriend ask you to move in with you sounds like a very sweet gesture of Peace. His Actions sounds like he really does want the relationship to be better. But I wouldn't move in until the relationship was great, solid lol.

Instead, I'd suggest having an Affair, With him lol. Mix things up. Roll Play. Do It in a hotel, go visit a city, go camping, take day trips, go places and spend quality time together where none of your friends are with you (or texting, calling) etc.
Work on your friendship with him, and let the Relationship come natural.
If you two can't manage doing that, how the f**ck are you going to live together? Lol.

Re-build the relationship. Married couples do it all the time if they want the Marriage to last. People actually make a career of Counseling married Couples. They become Sex Therapists, Doctors, Therapists, etc. They host TV Shows, Radio Shows, have Magazines, etc.

Me Personally I won't live with my next bf until after we've been a couple for over a year lol. He's gotta prove that he wants to be with me through Action (And I'll be doing the same thing lol), Then he can live with me, or me with him lol. Some of my friends won't live with a gf or bf for 5 years.

Also having multiple roommates Sucks A@@. No matter what he says or what he promises, it still Sucks A@@ LOL. I'd definitely say hell no to that one lol.

Me being the twisted mind that I am I'd make him wait 6mths to a Year and then if he wanted to live together He can come live with me lol. If his roommates are great then he shouldn't have a problem letting them rent out the house where he has a place to go back to if you 2 break up LOL.

Good Luck :-)

Living with someone is vastly different than simply hanging around and spending time together. You basically get to see how a person would be without any walls - their habits that you may not know about, etc. so unless you're really really sure I think you better not. As you said, your relationship is a bit rocky and you're going to be living with him and his friends. What would happen if the two of you got into another major argument? Some things to think about.

GeorgeVanstone Wrote:Me and Jake have patched some of our previous troubles up. But it's one thing after another.

He's suggested that i move in with him, and i don't know what to say.

Just after patching things up seems to me a pretty bad time to move in together. I'd suggest that you need a more robust period in your relationship before you do that.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I wouldn't move in with him. If you're a great couple, you can still have sleepovers or whatever. Then when you can afford your own place, just the two of you, you wouldn't have the odds slanted against you. That's a good time to move in. You really don't want to mess with a bunch of drama, then having to find another places 3 months from now when you're not getting along.