Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is up with EU?
axle2152 Wrote:Well that is kind of a shame. I'd like to think I'm easy to get along with, I'm more of a quiet type, but I wouldn't want to work in anything relating to hospitality or really the public for that matter... I guess I'll be marrying a computer, since that's what I do.

If I had the choice I would love to visit Bermuda but definitely not live there. One it is a small island and secondly for the reasons you just pointed out. The natives don't like Americans for various reasons. I will say I have worked with lousy people and were difficult to get along with....not always the case, there are probably decent folks there. I think the lack of emotional intelligence is due to changes in our culture... Kids are growing up having less and less social interactions, and that's holding true all over....lots of narcissistic behavior these days and it is going to get more and more common... Not saying I'm some shinning example of a "good" American, I certainly have my share of problems.

Take no offense from me hun, I mean no ill,

However I'm merely displaying the potential reasons and answers to the "why's".

I always say, we're like the "Japanese" of the West;

We'll stare at you, help you, entreat you to the best of our capabilities;

But you'll always be different. It's not meant to be a bad thing tho. As a lot of us love Foreign people... It's just less so when working together, because of what I said before.

Forgive us by my saying so; it's simply not easy to go from a nearly "shut in" culture on a small island, to including such strange and foreign practices in a short span of time.

Before joining these kinds of sites, I never even knew you guys could be as you are outside of TV shows!

You've always existed but... Not at the same time. Almost like a fictional story.

And most Bermudians would rather you either adapt to us or simply do not try at all.

I'm not like most, but I obviously grew up in this way.