Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music Questions
Miles Wrote:Gotta add some albums to the top albums list:

Marquee Moon - Television
Spirit of Eden - Talk Talk
Songs in the Key of Life - Stevie Wunderbar
Animals - Pink Floyd (yes, they gets two!)
Revolver - dem Beatles, yo

Seems I forgot the worst songs part too.

Let's see, just off the top of my head...

Piano Man - Billy Joel
Blurred Lines - Throbbin Pricke or whatever that creeper's fucking name is
Sweet Child o' Mine - Guns 'n Roses
anything with Anthony Kiedis singing on it (ie, Red Hot Chili Peppers)
Piano Man - Billy Joel

Did I mention I fucking hate Piano Man

OK...you are a God now...including Stevie on the best albums list. I think the music industry just might be racist a bit because the guy has bazillions of hits...writes his own music...produces...plays instruments....brilliant vocalist..and is blind. He also mentors and contributes to lots of other artists. He is one of THE greats but music writers conveniently ignore him. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Songs in the Key of Life is Masterclass.....

I also love your inclusion of Miles Davis....(and I love your "five words to describe yourself I recently read as wellDiablotinAstrosmiley2 )

Oh yeah...Piano Man...I guess you won't be going to one of those Billy Joel Central Park concerts he is having once a monthRoflmao...NYC version of the Vegas Superstar Show...I don't really like Piano Man either...

I forgot one more I can't stand...ABBA....My skin would crawl when I heard Dancing Queen blast in my ear when I was bartending...and I really hated VOGUE and Like A Virgin by Madonna...and The Macarena...eek!

A few more favorite albums....

Pearl...Janis Joplin
Court and Spark...Joni Mitchell
Tapestry...Carole King
Graceland...Paul Simon
The Dude...Quincy Jones
Tommy...The Who
Every Picture Tells A Story...Rod Stewart
Blue Lights in the Basement...Roberta Flack
Silk Degrees...Boz Scaggs
Ask Rufus....Rufus w/Chaka Khan

...I could go on for hours....

What is the single best concert you have ever been to?

I won tickets to an Usher concert once and also went to a Lady Gaga concert. I suppose if I had to choose, the Gaga concert was better, but I didn't really care for either of them. :\

If you could only listen to 10 artists for the rest of your life....who would they be?

1. Daughter (listen to "Youth") Big Grin
2. Radiohead
3. Sufjan Stevens
4. Chvrches
5. Imagine Dragons
6. Clean Bandit
7. The XX
8. London Grammar
And
9. Kelly Clarkson
10. Rihanna
Because I like to sing along sometimes ;P

Best album...ever?

Chicago by Sufjan Stevens
It's very rare to find an album that moves me this deeply

Five songs or artists that make you want to tear you hair out?

Kanye West, because he's an egotistical tool.
Britney Spears
Justin Bieber
Will.I.Am, because he sounds like a singing robot
Leonard Cohen for having generally abysmal vocals

I answered the Top 10 artists, so now the rest of the questions-
What is the single best concert you have ever been to? Can't decide on one- either Front 242, Cocteau Twins, Skinny Puppy, The Creatures (Siouxsie's other band), Chris & Cosey, or Ministry.
Best album...ever? Filigree and Shadow by This Mortal Coil
Five songs or artists that make you want to tear you hair out?Miley Cyrus for having the unmitigated gall to be covering recently in concert The Smith's "There is A Light That Never Goes Out." And although it seems to be some law that you cannot publicly say anything bad about her, I think Beyonce sucks and is boring. Phil Collins has never sang anything, with or without Genesis that is worth listening to. Rolling Stones- so overrated and the only thing the tiniest bit interesting to come from the Beatles- Yoko Ono.

Iceblink Wrote:I answered the Top 10 artists, so now the rest of the questions-
What is the single best concert you have ever been to? Can't decide on one- either Front 242, Cocteau Twins, Skinny Puppy, The Creatures (Siouxsie's other band), Chris & Cosey, or Ministry.
Best album...ever? Filigree and Shadow by This Mortal Coil
Five songs or artists that make you want to tear you hair out?Miley Cyrus for having the unmitigated gall to be covering recently in concert The Smith's "There is A Light That Never Goes Out." And although it seems to be some law that you cannot publicly say anything bad about her, I think Beyonce sucks and is boring. Phil Collins has never sang anything, with or without Genesis that is worth listening to. Rolling Stones- so overrated and the only thing the tiniest bit interesting to come from the Beatles- Yoko Ono.

LOL at Beyoncé...I keep trying to figure it out. I often think of the emporer with no clothes on when I see her

...and The Beatles...I do think they are overrated.

What is the single best concert you have ever been to?
Madonna's Confession Tour, august 6th 2006, at the Olympic Stadium of Rome (near the Vatican, LOL) ... Was totally amazing. When the gig was finished I had the impression "Ok, I was expecting a great concert, but I will never see something like this again". In fact...

If you could only listen to 10 artists for the rest of your life....who would they be?
This is a difficult question... Only 10? I don't think they would or should be 'my favorite 10' , uhm.... I could appreciate different music genres I think, not only the same thing.
I can do something like this:
1. Electronic: The Knife (& Daft Punk?)
2.IDM/Ambient: Aphex Twin, and maybe someone like José Gonzalez?
3. Pop: Madonna, Britney or maybe Michael Jackson
4. Rock: Muse, Queen... Kasabian(?)
5. Classical: Mozart or Vivaldi? Actually I listen Classical Music very rarely, cause I don't have the instruments to appreciate it and I don't know it. Undecided But living without Mozart or Vivaldi... Nope.
6. Psychedelic Rock: I don't know which band cause I'm not into this genre, but I think I'll need a bit of it. Pink Floyd, maybe?
7. Industrial: Manson or NIN
8. Post-Rock/Alternative: Sigur Ròs (maybe)
9. Soul/R&B: Amy Winehouse
10. Rap: Kanye

Best album...ever?
Queen's Absolute Greatest. ... Michael Jackson's Bad? I love The Knife's Deep Cuts, Muse...Origins of Symmetry? ...Mh, there are a lot of great albums...

Five songs or artists that make you want to tear you hair out?
LOL ONLY 5? XD
1. Avril Lavigne. I don't hate her or something, actually I find her so pathetic, I feel sorry for her at the point she's kinda funny to me. XD
2. Katy Perry, Rita Ora, Nicky Minaji and some of these new girls are so overrated... One of those.
3. Italian contemporary pop and (oh gosh), rap. Rap. They kids really thinks they're rapper. LOL.
4. I don't like some of those indie/hipster bands, especially cause they use great drawings for their albums, but the music is not on the same level...
5. Empire Of The Sun (maybe in that category) I find them very overrated.
6. Oh, I hate 'the song of the summer/moment' or this #hit like these. For example Shakira, or PSY (I don't care about PSY but it's a good example).
7. Pittbull and all of these talentless rappers.
8. Eminem and his mafious-talentless rappers.
9, 10, 1000.... .... XD

concert - prob slipknot 2013 , I had crutches and just got in the pit ...brutal lol -

10 artist would be what mood I would be on any given day - im a musician so I can appreciate anything/talent

slipknot, vandals
slayer, GnR
kiss,Dirty rotten imbeciles
misfits, Neil diamond etc

I don't like the parody bands , if ur a musician then someone making money by taking the piss makes my blood boil

Best concert ... impossible. Do festivals count? If so, then probably the 1970 Isle of Wight. Otherwise I can't make up my mind between
The Monkees, Lulu (Wembley, London 1967)
Tyrannosaurus Rex, David Bowie, Roy Harper, Steffan Grossman (Royal Festival Hall, London 1968)
Rolling Stones, Family, Battered Ornaments, King Crimson, Roy Harper , Third Ear Band, Alexis Korner's New Church, Screw (Hyde Park, London 1969)
The Crazy World of Arthur Brown (QEH, London, a couple of years ago)
Arthur Brown's 60th birthday party (Astoria, London)
Any one of the dozens of times I have seen Sparks play live.

Only ten artists? Again, impossible
Richard Thompson
Sandy Denny
Laurie Anderson
Frank Zappa
Hoven Droven
Esbjörn Svensson Trio
Led Zeppelin
Thomas Fersen
John Fahey
Henry Purcell

Best Album ever ... now you're having a laugh! How can I choose? If I have to, let's say
Unhalfbricking by Fairport Convention

Five artists or songs that make me want to tear my hair out ...
I Want To Hold Your Hand - Sparks
The Locomotion - Kylie Minogue
Dancing Queen - Abba
Mariah Carey and anyone else that can't find the right note without trying all of them first
Max Bygraves

I have to add Mylie Cyrus to the list of the WORST!!!

marshlander Wrote:Best concert ... impossible. Do festivals count? If so, then probably the 1970 Isle of Wight. Otherwise I can't make up my mind between
The Monkees, Lulu (Wembley, London 1967)
Tyrannosaurus Rex, David Bowie, Roy Harper, Steffan Grossman (Royal Festival Hall, London 1968)
Rolling Stones, Family, Battered Ornaments, King Crimson, Roy Harper , Third Ear Band, Alexis Korner's New Church, Screw (Hyde Park, London 1969)
The Crazy World of Arthur Brown (QEH, London, a couple of years ago)
Arthur Brown's 60th birthday party (Astoria, London)
Any one of the dozens of times I have seen Sparks play live.

Only ten artists? Again, impossible
Richard Thompson
Sandy Denny
Laurie Anderson
Frank Zappa
Hoven Droven
Esbjörn Svensson Trio
Led Zeppelin
Thomas Fersen
John Fahey
Henry Purcell

Best Album ever ... now you're having a laugh! How can I choose? If I have to, let's say
Unhalfbricking by Fairport Convention

Five artists or songs that make me want to tear my hair out ...
I Want To Hold Your Hand - Sparks
The Locomotion - Kylie Minogue
Dancing Queen - Abba
Mariah Carey and anyone else that can't find the right note without trying all of them first
Max Bygraves

+1000 for Laurie Anderson, John Fahey and Sandy Denny. Are we married now??

Four albums I forgot to add:

tUnE-yArDs - w h o k i l l

David Bowie - Station to Station

The Cure - Disintegration

Funkadelic - Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow