Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music from Alias
Have any of you ever watched all/at least more than half the episodes of the TV Series "Alias" ? It starred Jennifer Garner and ran in the early 2000's for five complete seasons ... kinda like a CIA-equivalent of our British "Spooks" (only not quite as good in my humble opinion).

It's just that, in addition to be quite an addictive series, it featured some INCREDIBLY well-chosen music, and introduced me to the actual subject of this particular thread - Andy Hunter (a British DJ).

If you like the music of artists like Paul Oakenfold, then I would wholeheartedly recommend Andy Hunter to you ... he's had some of his stuff used in (the Alias Series, obviously), the Matrix: Reloaded and the Italian Job (the remake, obviously), and has also contributed music to a number of video games, including Burnout Revenge and Enter the Matrix.

"Come On" is my favourite track by him ... anybody else familiar with his work ?

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow Wrote:Have any of you ever watched all/at least more than half the episodes of the TV Series "Alias" ? It starred Jennifer Garner and ran in the early 2000's for five complete seasons ... kinda like a CIA-equivalent of our British "Spooks" (only not quite as good in my humble opinion).

It's just that, in addition to be quite an addictive series, it featured some INCREDIBLY well-chosen music, and introduced me to the actual subject of this particular thread - Andy Hunter (a British DJ).

If you like the music of artists like Paul Oakenfold, then I would wholeheartedly recommend Andy Hunter to you ... he's had some of his stuff used in (the Alias Series, obviously), the Matrix: Reloaded and the Italian Job (the remake, obviously), and has also contributed music to a number of video games, including Burnout Revenge and Enter the Matrix.

"Come On" is my favourite track by him ... anybody else familiar with his work ?

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I wonder if Marsh has heard of him... he's so knowledgeable in matters of music, generally... Wink

thanks for the tip. Like Oakenfold...

And I just like Alias.Never paid much attention to the music but it was really cool.Another show that had nice music was The O.C.

What's the O.C. about babe ?

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

:eek: OMG Shadz,you don't know what the OC is?!It was a drama series about 4 beautiful teenagers living in the wealth Orange County in Carly.It was like Dawson's Creek but on steroids.Ever heard of Mischa Barton or Rachel Bilson (the chick from Jumper)?The music there was amazing and part of the show.I believe that several acts got established because of being featured on the show.The opening theme was a song called "Carlifornia" by an indie rock band,beautiful song.Can't believe you don't know The O.C!

I saw a couple of episodes and thought it was a great example of self-mythologising.

My brother lived in Irvine before moving inland to Corona for a while. When I visited him he took me to Newport beach. Considering how rich the area is supposed to be the bits we drove through were a bit of a shambles. I was so disappointed that the beach was dirty, the wind was cold and the Pacific Ocean was freezing! Our beaches in Norfolk (specially on the North coast) are much nicer. We also have good music, fewer earthquakes and hope to be above sea level for at least a few more years. Wink

We may not have O.C., but Kingdom is an enjoyable television series!

Dan1089 Wrote::eek: OMG Shadz,you don't know what the OC is?!It was a drama series about 4 beautiful teenagers living in the wealth Orange County in Carly.It was like Dawson's Creek but on steroids.Ever heard of Mischa Barton or Rachel Bilson (the chick from Jumper)?The music there was amazing and part of the show.I believe that several acts got established because of being featured on the show.The opening theme was a song called "Carlifornia" by an indie rock band,beautiful song.Can't believe you don't know The O.C!

:redface: - nope - never even heard of it :redface: ...

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!