Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Musical Theatre
Hey,
as probably none of you know (haha) I am totally obsessed with Musical Theatre so I've decided to create a thread to possibly get your views on your favourite musicals and to perhaps share some clips of our favourite musical related songs being performed. Sadly, it won't let me make this thread with links or using the YouTube BB code so I've decided that I'll just wait to get some of your clips before posting some of the clips of my favourite musicals.

The Phantom of the Opera
A most for all musical theatre lovers, tbh! I've seen this musical three times in all, twice in London (Earl Carpenter as Phantom) and once in Essen, Germany (With Thomas Borchert as phantom) Sadly, both performances are basically the same apart from the language change which was a bit of a disappointment. If you haven't seen this musical or if you haven't seen any musical period then this musical will truely have you hooked!

Jekyll and Hyde
Granted that this sounds like a weird idea for a piece of musical theatre but it is an amazing production. The production can be bought from Amazon.com videod live directly from stage with David Hasselhoff (Yes he can sing, wow! haha, youtube it!!) as the role of Jekyll & Hyde. I sadly haven't seen this musical yet Sad! however if any of you have I'd love to hear your opinions.

Anyway, I'll probably post some more later but it's 02:44am! haha. Too tired (And too gay) to function at the moment! Sad!

# Hyde

Hey, i love Musical Thearte im also a vocalist myself, my favourite is Phantom Of The Opera and Les Mis. I have a video of my boyfriend and i having a laugh singing phantom of the opera. Is fairly funny

Heyy I like Rocky Horror (it's hard not to), and Hairspray, and Chicago was great...

But I still reckon that Jerry Springer the Opera is legendary. I do love it so much! :biggrin:

I love Les Miserable, I have seen it three times now

Hyde Wrote:...
Jekyll and Hyde
Granted that this sounds like a weird idea for a piece of musical theatre but it is an amazing production. The production can be bought from Amazon.com videod live directly from stage with David Hasselhoff (Yes he can sing, wow! haha, youtube it!!) as the role of Jekyll & Hyde. I sadly haven't seen this musical yet Sad! however if any of you have I'd love to hear your opinions.

I don't know that Jekyll and Hyde is any weirder than Sweenie Todd in fact. Has anyone seen the film with Helena Bonham-Carter and Johnny Depp? Not sure I would like it. :confused:

princealbertofb Wrote:I don't know that Jekyll and Hyde is any weirder than Sweenie Todd in fact. Has anyone seen the film with Helena Bonham-Carter and Johnny Depp? Not sure I would like it. :confused:

It's a very dark film isn't it?

I liked it though, mind you I like anything with Mr Johnny Depp in

xx

princealbertofb Wrote:I don't know that Jekyll and Hyde is any weirder than Sweenie Todd in fact. Has anyone seen the film with Helena Bonham-Carter and Johnny Depp? Not sure I would like it. :confused:

Jekyll and Hyde sounds like a HORRIBLE musical, but it is actually amazing. I've taken my aunt to see several musicals with me and Jekyll and Hyde was the only one where she came out happy that she went.

This is probably my favourite song from the musical, 'This is the Moment' from the DVD Broadway cast, David Hasselhoff.

MUsical theatre and voice are my FAVORITE! haha. In fact~ I just had my opening night for a new show "comedy tonight" Big Grin and it went GREAT! ^_^
SO glad people also share this interest.
(currently have the song Defying Gravity stuck in my head from Wicked.lol)