Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Must-play video games?
Hey guys,

Recently started playing my good old FF VII game (oh how I've missed it!!) and I was wondering if there was any game you would recommend I play? For some reason, nothing past the PS2 console ever appealed to me.

Since we're on the subject, what did you guys think of FF7? Or any FF really. I LOVE 'em, they're the best Smile

Chrono Trigger and Chrono Chross. As childish as trigger is the sequel chross is so much more serious and goes into detail about the space time continum being shattered because of triggers events.

And ff7 was amazing, Though ff9 is my favorite

Awesome! I grew up watching my cousin play Chrono Trigger a bit but never really got to play it much myself, def something I should look into!

And I agree, FF 9 is pretty epic. My opinion always changes when it comes to naming the best FF. I have them all from 6 through 12, including FF Tactics and tactics advance (1 and 2). In no particular order, tho, I would say the best ones are 7, 8, 9 and Tactics. Smile

Well, I grew up on Final Fantasy and am a freak to say the least :tongue: .

I have 1-2-3-4-5-6 and then the Tactics. I also have Revenant Wings Wink .

Though I enjoy FF more on my iPod, cause they updated/cleaned the old graphics and added and tweaked a few things.

I haven't played 9+ , but I wish to Rolleyes .

My Favourite Character of all time, besides Vincent Valentine, is Yazoo of the Jenova Triplets[Kadaj/Yazoo/Loz] . That's right, Yazoo fan here! Cheerleader2

But aside from FF, I found Kingdom Hearts to be quite enthralling. Let's just say, Square Enix has made so much money from me :biggrin: .

As for games you may like, not past the Ps2 Era, which I love and still have one, would be;

>Secrets of Mana
>Summon Knight [I highly recommend this! Very great game/series]
>Adventure Bar Story - I have it on my iPod, but it's also a PsP game [not too far past Ps2 Wink ]
>Baldurs Gate : Dark Alliance 1 & 2

and those are the only ones I really enjoyed, in the Ps2 Era/before it.

I actually still have the DS with dual port system and a Gameboy Micro [the only gift my father gave me, so it's sentimental] .

I'm probably going to give all my games to my younger brothers, but the way things are looking, technology is going to be ten times better, so they probably won't even want them Rofl .

I mostly play on my iPod now. 86+games Cheerleader2 3/4 of them being RPGs.

It's more versatile now, since I can play in between Music rehersals and stuff, or while I'm waiting somewhere and play music on it at the same time.

Side note- MapleStory[Online Fantasy RPG] was me and my cousin's haven and we played up until we were about 14/15 , although I have their iOS versions on my iPod. Incase you were interested in computer games too. :biggrin:

[I'm not the stereotypical feminine guy Rofl ...some of the time Wink ]

FF7 IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is all.

FF games are the best, especially some of the old PS1 games. 7, 8 and 9 are all epic but FF9 is probably my favourite game of all time. The characters, storyline, gameplay etc are fantastic and so addictive. I've played through it so many times. I think the series has kinda gone downhill a bit since then though...

OMG, I just finished FFVII yesterday! I've been playing it on-off for 8 or 9 years and I finally finished it! So that's the fourth FF I've finished, right after VIII, X and IX. Starting IV as I type. Smile

I've never played a FF game.:redface:
But retro RPG wise, i really liked Breath of Fire IV(PlayStation) and Phantasy Star 4(MegaDrive/Genesis).:biggrin:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

BREATH OF FIRE! Used to play it as a kid, it was good too! Smile Thanks for the replies, good to see we have many FF fans here Big Grin

If your looking into ps1 games I would recommend Xenogears. I hear it's great, although I haven't tried it yet. Chrono Trigger/ Cross are also good choices.

AND..... I love FF7. It was the first final fantasy I was exposed to when I was around 10 years old. I was thrilled to receive it as a Christmas gift :biggrin: