Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Must resist going back to online dating..... for now
I think you're in love with the Disney fairy tale of romance. It feels like once that newness wears off you get bored and move on to the next whirl wind romance. Real, adult relationships are so much more than the smoochies and cuddles you've listed. They're a lot of hard work, communication, comprising, and even monotony.

Borg69 Wrote:I think you're in love with the Disney fairy tale of romance. It feels like once that newness wears off you get bored and move on to the next whirl wind romance. Real, adult relationships are so much more than the smoochies and cuddles you've listed. They're a lot of hard work, communication, comprising, and even monotony.

Just so you know I have only ever had 2 boyfriends. The first one was long distance, it ended horribly when he decided the distance was too much for him. He did not want to put in the work and it broke my heart.

My second boyfriend and recent breakup was an okay relationship. There was no romance, and we barely communicated. We tried and the conversations became short and forced. We even had the talk about where the relationship was going, he felt like he hit an emotional peak with me. I though we needed to do more things together and try communicating more. We tried these things and it did not work out.

And just so you know there was about a year inbetween these relationships. Don't say I'm not willing to put in the effort when you don't know everything. I want the real thing and don't want to settle for someone who I don't even click with.