Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Best Friend
I used to have a very good friend, infact he was my best friend.
I grew up with him and his mum and dad since my late teens, we went the through the good times and the bad times as much as any close friendship I guess.

One day about seven years ago my best friend asked me to come and perform at his birthday in North Devon, where he lived, I of course agreed, come the day I let my best friend down and fobbed him of with some feeble excuse, on another occasion about 7 years ago, my best friend asked if I would like to perform at his mum and dads 50th wedding anniversary I of course agreed and again made a feeble excuse as to why I never turned up ......

He was NOT my best friend.....

Two weeks ago I had a phone call from my ex best friend saying that his mum had died and the funeral was to be held last Friday the 3rd October. I of course agreed to attend.

It was one of the most emotional experiences of my life,
I saw his children in their teens all grown up, I cried because i missed the last 7 years of their life and not being a part of it.

I cried because I saw his dad and missed the last seven years of fun we used to have.

I cried because my ex best friend was just the same as he was seven years ago, but he was not my best friend.

I cried because I never got the chance to tell his mum how much I loved her and thank her for her help and advice she gave me in my early years, before she died.

I am grateful my ex best friend calling me, it gives me the chance to reconcile with him and hopefully we can become part of each others lives again, although we may never become best friends again, I am just grateful for that second chance.

The morale of my little story is.......

"Don't take your true friends for granted"

R.I.P Daphne

xxx

Jamie

It is very true, you should never take your friends for granted. I always try my best to make time when my friends are in town.

That's touchin dood Bighug ...thing i've learned bout good friends is tho they may be outta touch for long periods once summit serious comes up there right were ya need em' ....shows the dood still thought of you too call and let ya know Wink and vice versa as you were there for them.

Indeed ... perhaps he still is your best friend, but that fire just needs rekindling babe ...

... maybe ...

Either way I think it's very encouraging that he's now back in touch with you, and hopefully you can both take steps to renew your friendship ... I'm sorry to hear about the passing of his mum - that's terrible :frown: Cry.

Thinking of you ...

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Bighug

Thank you boys, for your kind words

I'm going back to visit him and his wife and the kids very soon

[Image: doublethumbs.gif]

Excellent Confusedmile: - I hope that goes well babe xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!