Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Blog on Coming Out
I have been a member of the GaySpeak forums for several months now and I have really enjoyed my time spent here. I’m made some sincere connections and have enjoyed the unique discussions I’ve been lucky enough to take part in.

After careful consideration I thought I would take a moment and post my blog’s URL here in a thread, in the hope that it may be of some help to others.

I started my blog when I was closeted as a way to express my thoughts through writing, and as a way to hopefully help me come to terms with my feelings and eventually come out. Since this time, my blog has become a place for me to talk about the coming out process, self-acceptance and what life is like living in a predominately heterosexual world.

I know a lot of people are currently struggling with coming out. Please understand you are not alone. If anyone has any thoughts on the blog I would love to hear them. Thanks guys for your ongoing support as a community! I really appreciate it!

My blog is titled ‘In Search of Adam’ and its’ URL is http://insearchofadam.wordpress.com/

Very nice blog, Adam, thanks for sharing.

Coming out happens in stages. First one has to come out to one's self. The next step is to confide in someone one trusts and who hopefully will be supportive of further coming out. Beyond that it is mostly about coming out to people who matter in your life. And beyond that it is a matter of *being* out. IOW, it is one thing to say, "I'm gay," it is another thing to go to a bar for the first time or go on a date for the first time or to bring the BF home to meet mom and dad, or to the office Christmas party, or to simply be open about it in casual conversation.

Thanks for being a resource for others who are struggling with their own coming out issues.

great blog - that must have fun and hard emotionally at the same time to put together, nice addition to ask people to vote on what subject they want you to explore out the selection you provide, makes other feel a part of the blog too I guess..

Congrats on a great looking blog

Nice blog. Thank you!

great blog, I'll be keeping up with it.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Great blog! Thanks for sharing. Remybussi
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

MikeW Wrote:Very nice blog, Adam, thanks for sharing.

Coming out happens in stages. First one has to come out to one's self. The next step is to confide in someone one trusts and who hopefully will be supportive of further coming out. Beyond that it is mostly about coming out to people who matter in your life. And beyond that it is a matter of *being* out. IOW, it is one thing to say, "I'm gay," it is another thing to go to a bar for the first time or go on a date for the first time or to bring the BF home to meet mom and dad, or to the office Christmas party, or to simply be open about it in casual conversation.

Thanks for being a resource for others who are struggling with their own coming out issues.

Thank you so much, Mike. You are right, there are so many stages to coming out. I'm still going through stages all this time later. I've been glad to meet some people through these forums who have been resources for me, so I would be thrilled if I could be a resource for someone else.

matty7 Wrote:great blog - that must have fun and hard emotionally at the same time to put together, nice addition to ask people to vote on what subject they want you to explore out the selection you provide, makes other feel a part of the blog too I guess..

Congrats on a great looking blog

Matty, thanks for your feedback. I'm glad you like my blog. Writing it has been amazingly therapeutic for me. I really love it. It is a lot of work though. I have weeks at a time where I have to walk away from it and take a breather.

I tried to provide the poll post to learn about what my readers were thinking. It's a great way to stay relevant. And I try to mix up my topics. Like for Halloween I'm doing some horror reviews. But I still have so much to say about the coming out process. Thank you for checking it out!

I love your blog Adam! I will keep reading now...

Excellent blog!