Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Coming Out Earlier Today - Warning, lots of reading ahead
cardiganwearer Wrote:Monday is nearly over where I am and the working day must be coming to an end where you are (if I've got the location and time zone right), so how'd it go?
I work second shift so I get home late. After midnight my time.

I had some anxiety about going to work today. My decades old secret is in the wild so that takes some mental adjustment. The ex-military guy asked how I was doing today and I told him I was doing good. He's very supportive. (He's not gay though, just has a transgendered relative.) My boss was back to business as usual.

I'm rather disappointed in myself today though. I really wanted to tell the two others in my department that I'm gay. These are the people I know best and they should know. It's so weird, but I'm still having butterflies and the dry mouth problem I had earlier. I think at least one of them knows by now through the blabbermouth office worker, but they aren't going to bring it up until I do.

Tomorrow is another day and I will double my effort to tell at least one person. It's going to be tough, but not as tough as last Friday. That day was surreal and fun! At this point my biggest enemy is myself. That's the real reason I'm coming out. Its not so they are happy for me. It's to make me happy with myself.

Beau Wrote:. . . That's the real reason I'm coming out. Its not so they are happy for me. It's to make me happy with myself.

Exactly! Thumbgrin

Well this should end this thread nicely. On the way to work today I really psyched myself up to tell the last couple coworkers I wanted to tell that I'm gay. Fortunately I have about a 1 hour drive to get to work and I spent most of it trying different ways of telling them I'm gay. From just saying "I'm gay" to "I thought you knew I was gay" and everything in between.

Anyways, I told them within 10 minutes of clocking in to work. lol So it's mission accomplished! Everyone I wanted to tell now knows and I'm happy with that.