Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Coming Out video
In early December I started coming out to my gay friends. Next I decided to come out to a family that I am close to, one of whom is my closest friend. I told her first while we were walking our dogs. I had told her I had something to tell her but I was obviously having a hard time getting started. After I finally told her she said that she figured either I was going to tell her that I had feelings for her or that I was going to tell her I was gay. We've been very close for sometime and share everything but I hadn't shared that yet. Anyway I think she was relieved that the message was that I am gay. Actually it has made out relationship better because there is none of that "where is this relationship going" tension.

I was trying to decide the best way to tell my family and my late wife's family (she had 9 siblings). I have a lot of nieces and nephews also on both sides. I decided to do a private You Tube video. I sent it to everyone except my mother and one brother in law. It's very personal and I have been debating putting it here but I feel at home here already so here it is. I may remove it after awhile.

One last thing is I really appreciate the welcome I feel here and I am so happy I've come out. I try not to regret that I didn't come out earlier in my life. I'm torn between the life I could have had and the many good things I experienced in the life I did live.

Don't regret coming out, no matter the age. Any of us that came out over the age of 25 wish that. I'm GLAD you did, this generation will need as many voices as possible to be heard.

Congratulations on finding yourself and your knew life without secrets.
Thank you so much for sharing ,never regret your decision to come out , if it makes you complete there is nothing to regret.

[Image: congratulations-6270_zps108ac7e8.gif]

So very proud of you.Confusedmile:

Bighug

Counselor Wrote:Don't regret coming out, no matter the age. Any of us that came out over the age of 25 wish that. I'm GLAD you did, this generation will need as many voices as possible to be heard.

This is a bit off topic.

Somewhere around 2010, a straight colleague of mine introduced me to Grindr. His younger brother is gay and he uses Grindr. I came out in 2010 so my colleague thought Grindr would be a great way for me to find new gay friends.

I gave it a try and was honestly shocked with the amount of married guys in Grindr. They weren't shy to state that they are married and have children. "Here to have fun."

Lying to yourself is one thing but lying to your faithful wife and innocent children is another story. I'm fine if these guys want to stay closet forever but don't drag other innocent people into yours and make them miserable.

Anyway back to your post Elad, coming out at any age takes a lot of confidence and courage. You have confidence and courage, Elad12. I congratulate you for coming out.

One of the comments on your youtube page mentions the "It gets better" campaign. While that has been a great success, I feel its targeted more towards the younger (teen - early 20's) crowd.

I think "Its never too late" is a better slogan for the rest of us. I was 40 when I came out, had two great kids and had been married 13 years. While I regret the hurt and pain I caused to my then wife, like you I don't look back and hate what my life was up until the point I came out.

Ive been out now for almost 10 years, and have been partnered for the last 8. Ive been successful in pretty much everything Ive done since being out and my kids have been supportive all the way. The contrast between the last year of my closeted life, and my out life to date couldn't have been more different. I wouldn't change anything.

It definitely takes more courage to come out later in life, when you have lots of responsibilities like children, marriage and are established in your working profession (I was military) Does it get better? Sure it does. But what really matters, and what the message from everyone over a certain age is, is "You're never too old"

You're never too old to be yourself.

Welcome to the family Smile

Bighug

ObW
x

thank you!!! That is one awesome video keep them coming!!

Thanks for sharing. Hope it went well with your extended family!

Thanks and yes it did go well Smile

Good to hear that 1syellow1