Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Cute Froggy <3
zeon Wrote:i am a bit uneasy with frogs but i wouldnt hurt em i know they do scream loud lol like a girl

Excuuuse me lol. Someone's a macho guy :p . I'll have you know mr. Only the males of the tree frog species make vocalizations, so if any of them scream, it's the boys.

The females are generally quiet and tend to be very calm, whereas the males are loud and are frantically jumping around, looking to mate (well, these small species do, since they breed all year round, some other tree frog species have specific times of the month). Smile

Atleast you won't do to them what you used to do to snails Wink , but these guys are excellent jumpers, so I doubt you'd get to them fast enough to hold one. (I've been catching them since young :p, plus they practically jump into my loving arms Rofl )

QueenOdi Wrote:plus they practically jump into my loving arms Rofl )

LOL Odi, I could use your belief and confidence sometimes :biggrin:

@Nick - :p , It's not easy. Had to go through alot in my 18years, but I can already see the light at the end of the tunnel, so yeah Smile .

Small Update

This is Lily in the snail's old tank, which is now her new tank. I had to shine a flashlight on her, cause my room's so dark :p . You can't see all of them, but they're vines growing in her tank Smile it's looking cool Xyxthumbs .

[Image: IMG_0942.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0943.jpg]

The snails live in that red container Tongue and she likes to watch them.

So, Lily's color is green? I have always thought she is brown Smile

I need to check those pictures of turtles I took for you. I am so bad with downloading pics from my camera. It always takes me ages Sad

Nick9 Wrote:So, Lily's color is green? I have always thought she is brown Smile

I need to check those pictures of turtles I took for you. I am so bad with downloading pics from my camera. It always takes me ages Sad

Well, it depends on the temperature and sometimes what she's sitting on.

If she's really dry, she's darker. If she's wet, then she's a light colour.

Their colour varies though, but her normal colour is a light brown. It's just dark in my room, so she looks green Smile .

Take your sweet time Smile , I probably wont be free until next week to seem them anywho :p . I upload them straight from my iPod, to Photobucket and then here Xyxthumbs . My camera broke awhile ago Rolleyes .

QueenOdi Wrote:Well, it depends on the temperature and sometimes what she's sitting on.

If she's really dry, she's darker. If she's wet, then she's a light colour.
wow, I didn't know frogs could do that. I saw a chameleon the other day. His neck and head were green and his back was changing the color from violet to green :eek: Roflmao

Nick9 Wrote:wow, I didn't know frogs could do that. I saw a chameleon the other day. His neck and head were green and his back was changing the color from violet to green :eek: Roflmao

Well it's not drastic like a Chameleon, but it's basically like how a human gets a tan, except it's more to due with the humidity/temperature in the tank. It's gradual.
(Similar to Chromatifores in the Octapus/Chameleon, but is more like Keratin in Humans. It's complicated)

Most frogs look like what they live in or near to, such as the Red-Eyed Green Tree Frog, which lives on green lives, hence it's green colour. They adapt to their surroundings, but it takes very long.

They have odd colour pigmentations in their skin. Australia's White's Tree Frog is normally green, but can be blue or anything in between. It's interesting :p .

a friend for Lily :biggrin:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

OMG NICK :biggrin:

Is that a Warty Toad my eyes have me looking at? They are so cute Biglaugh . I used to have one as a kid and he ate all the mosquitos around my house. Until I lost him, cause I wasn't very savvy back then at keeping animals :p .

I'm afraid if Lily was friends with him, she'd become his mid-day snack. Frogs & Toads tend to eat smaller frogs or toads, especially if they aren't the same species Wink .

That's a good picture Confusedmile: .

I believe it is Bufo peltocephalus
http://www.aqua-fish.net/show.php?h=bufopeltocephalus

Cute wasn't the first word that came to my mind LOL They keep her in that terrarium to eat bugs that lizards haven't eaten. Cleaning lady :biggrin:

poor Lily would be a candy for her...