Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Day Is Ruined
Quote: .... I feel you. That show sucks mold. I watched when Margaret Cho was on and was really happy when she left after 3 weeks or so.
Maybe you can turn the sound off when nobody is dancing and listen to her music instead?

[MENTION=20922]Bhp91126[/MENTION] Oh yeah! I watched Cho's exit on You Tube after I heard about it..I love her....

No way will I tune in live....but if I can just watch Chaka and ignore the rest of it (and the god awful judges)..I will be happy. I forgot one other thing..the host...he annoys me alot. Who is he?

Steve Wrote:As a general rule I try not to watch "reality" television mostly because if it was genuine I wouldn't have to put quotation marks around reality. Once in a while I'll watch something if there's nothing interesting on (which seems to be the case more and more these days).

Did you happen to catch the season with Macy Gray? It was so much like watching a five car smash up on the interstate that you couldn't look away. Go on. It's worth it.

Macy Gray on Dancing with the Stars

The bleeped out words at the end are: "busted my cherry out on the dance floor." It was hysterical. She was voted off in the first round.

EEK! I have a couple of Macy Gray CDs but don't remember ever seeing her before..now this will be etched in my mind LOL...

The only time I watched a full epsiode was when Kristi Yamaguchi and when Apollo Ohno were on...

Quote: loyalty doesn't mean you have to be there to witness every second, minute and hour/event of the person/group/thing you're loyal to. that's moving toward being obsessive. loyalty means you will still be there for them even when the person you're loyal to fucks it up by your standards.

[MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION] Yeah...good point. Of the three..I was obsessive about Diana Ross for a couple years only....but on a scale of 1-10...probably only a 7. I went to all her concerts in California and Nevada...and that was alot!!!! I was in love with her positive energy....always will be. I learned though..being obsessive takes too much time..and it is exhausting!

Plus...two of them...Chaka and Diana..both last week of March Aries...same as all my BFs except for one...so that might be a coincidence...or not? The guy I am with now...30 years..a last week March Aries...same birthday as Lady Gaga...and when I see Lady Gaga...she makes me smile...alot.....never really listened to her but I liked her instantly.....

The loyalty thing...well.....it is more about once I like someone..it is pretty much for life. I rarely, if ever, change my mind. I am so fickle in alot of other ways...it is one of my stable qualities LOL Ultimately though..my desire to see her is the final straw....so I will do it via You Tube instead.....

I did write to the Kennedy Center this year and I filled out a form required to nominate someone for a Lifetime Achievement Award...you have to tell them why you think they should receive the award. I also hang around the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame boards and I throw Chaka's name around....and that may be obsessive...but I am cool with it. LOL

Watching Chaka doing this will be like finding out one's parents have flaws. It's called the loss of innocence or 'welcome to the real world'.... Cheer up, she might change your outlook on the show totally.

princealbertofb Wrote:Watching Chaka doing this will be like finding out one's parents have flaws. It's called the loss of innocence or 'welcome to the real world'.... Cheer up, she might change your outlook on the show totally.

OMG..Chaka has flaws???

Say it isn't so.... Rofl

...and the only thing that reminds me of my parents is watching Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs .... :eek: Rofl

I am more interested in finding out what part of them was not flawed....

But yeah..I get the analogy..just my parents don't insert well into the equation....

For me...it is losing her "cool factor" to go on DWTS....

...but if she has a good reason..I will overlook it and just pretend it never happened....

Oh shit..I just thought of something ..don't they vote on that show?

If they do vote...how long do you have?....and could I get the number without watching the show? Or do it on the internet?

East Wrote:The loyalty thing...well.....it is more about once I like someone..it is pretty much for life. I rarely, if ever, change my mind. I am so fickle in alot of other ways...it is one of my stable qualities LOL Ultimately though..my desire to see her is the final straw....so I will do it via You Tube instead.....

yeah, same here. i started listening to Bruce Springsteen when i was 5 years old, and he is to this day one of my favorite artists. i've spent 27 years listening to him (at the very least). but i wouldn't follow him around the globe/continent to see his every show, neither would i be interested in watching if he went on a TV show (unless it's about something that actually interests me). i don't care to follow what he does in his personal life either. i have his music, and i plan on seeing him live one day, but that's it.

not saying you're doing something wrong, don't take it that way. but i probably wouldn't understand going to every concert and following your favorite artist's every performance like that.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Making her announcement today...ugh...

She looks great though :biggrin:

[Image: proxy.jpg?t=HBhlaHR0cHM6Ly9hbXAudHdpbWcu...LlGbj1MNPs]

Quote:yeah, same here. i started listening to Bruce Springsteen when i was 5 years old, and he is to this day one of my favorite artists. i've spent 27 years listening to him (at the very least). but i wouldn't follow him around the globe/continent to see his every show, neither would i be interested in watching if he went on a TV show (unless it's about something that actually interests me). i don't care to follow what he does in his personal life either. i have his music, and i plan on seeing him live one day, but that's it.

not saying you're doing something wrong, don't take it that way. but i probably wouldn't understand going to every concert and following your favorite artist's every performance like that

I hear you...and I definitely don't like to read any kind of gossip about their personal lives...I tend to dismiss all of that anyway as fast as I hear it. I only heard one day of Bill Clinton's Blow Job fiasco..I simply don't care. If the President wants to take I up the ass...I propose we find him a good top! Hell..it's a stressful job and if he wants a blow job...why the fuck do I care?

The following the performance thing..I write it off to my youth LOL...I certainly wouldn't do that now...but when Chaka is local and I can fit it in..I will see her....

East Wrote:EEK! I have a couple of Macy Gray CDs but don't remember ever seeing her before..now this will be etched in my mind LOL...

The only time I watched a full epsiode was when Kristi Yamaguchi and when Apollo Ohno were on...

You knew Christie was gonna win. Dance is just too close to what she did on the ice. And hell, I think I'd watch Apolo Ohno do pretty much anything.

(click to enlarge)
[Image: Apolo_Ohno_1.jpg]
[Image: Apolo_Ohno_2.jpg]