Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My England
Thanks for the feedback guys.

First, some people are born poets, I'm not. Just started writing before I joined here, have wanted to do poetry for sometime but considered my attempts were rubbish. Any feedback is constructive, bad or good.

Second, King Richard lived in a real world of dog eat dog, the only way to protect your manor was to kill anybody which could pose a threat to you. This included your family and friends, not just your enemies. A cruel and unjust world certainly, but that's our history.

Rychard the Lionheart Wrote:First, some people are born poets, I'm not. Just started writing before I joined here, have wanted to do poetry for sometime but considered my attempts were rubbish. Any feedback is constructive, bad or good.

Just because you've just started doesn't mean you weren't born to do it Wink In time you'll find your harshest critic to be yourself. Or possibly a good friend who laughs at what you thought was really poignant untilm she points out fridge metaphors aren't exactly Shakespeare...

My advice, from an analytical point of view, is to work on your phrasing. Remember that to really understand a poem someone will deconstruct it, and everything should be in exactly the right place. Ask yourself; Should you use a comma or an end stop?? Is a ceasura right here?? Make sure that the poem says what you want it to. And remember that the best poetry will always write itself. So try not to overthink.

Just a thought, a way for you to augment what you already have Xyxthumbs Likewise any comments you have for me are well appreciated.

Thanks for the advice, Sox.Wink
English lit. was not my favourite subject at school or in later life, so I'm not good at grammar. My writing is from the heart, the right mood helps. Reading poems from establish poets I have found they have many different styles. Poetry is a personal thing, it your words. Good poems will live forever, I just like to write some. Confusedmile: