Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Laptops Dead!
My laptops been dead for a long time now and I thought its about time I made it official!

I'm not sure what the problem is, but its prety old and from what i've learned its hard drive may be failing.

So yea this pretty much means my E-life has been put on hold, only being able to access the net when family computer is free, which isn't that often, and due to the sensetivity of this site, i can only visit when alone.

So right now i'm lucky enough to have both those boxes ticked and just need to remember to cover my tracks afterwards(Not that my parents are that computer savy).

I probably won't be around that much for an uncertain amount of time.:frown:

So, Promise me you'll all have fun while i'm gone!:biggrin:

PS: A side question:Is there a way of saving the data thats on my laptop?
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

[COLOR="Purple"]Best of luck with the computer/internet woes.

Will leave tech support to those who understand it better but do know that if you can get at the hd you can put it into a small case and use it as an external usb hd.

Hope to see ya around very soon.[/COLOR]

Trouble is, if your HDD is failing, removing it and placing it in an external USB cradle (which I agree would normally work just fine in many cases) may not solve the problem, as if the HDD's screwed, you'll just be carrying the problem across with you.

Are you getting any kind of specific error code ? That might enable us to help you at least narrow down the problem - could be that it's an o/s driver or somesuch, and that re-installing the O/S would resolve it ... just a thought.

Confusedmile:.

And sorry that you may not be around for a while :frown: - hope it gets sorted soon m'luv !!

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I was wandering where you were for the last week or so.
Have you tried cleaning the hard drive up or defraging it? always works for me.
did you know most libraries have free internet now so maybe you could join your local one and log on from there.

hope its sorted soon. Xyxthumbs

Ah laptops. I have the same issues. I still need to get a replacement..

But yeh hope your issues sort out. :biggrin:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

ComputerprobsHope you get sorted soon. Scan

Hope you get up and running soon Genersis

There quite a few good deals on laptops now Genersis , check pc world and tesco direct , they start from 320gbp and good machines too.

For back up go to ADrive.com Backup easy and free50BG of free storage online.

Whatever you do don't get one of the new MacBook Pros! I just got one of them, and it clicks, beeps and freezes several times a minute. Apple told me that this defect is a normal 'feature' of their harddrives and won't fix it. Rolleyes It makes listening to music quite surreal.

aspidistra Wrote:Whatever you do don't get one of the new MacBook Pros! I just got one of them, and it clicks, beeps and freezes several times a minute. Apple told me that this defect is a normal 'feature' of their harddrives and won't fix it. Rolleyes It makes listening to music quite surreal.

Blasphemy.
Send it back for a replacement, I'm a massive apple fan and wouldn't go back to a PC you can trust me the PC's come with a load more defects considering I studied to repair them for a good few years, and I won't be touching a PC again.