Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Laptops Dead!
aspidistra Wrote:Just the 320GB, but it is the 7200rpm, which is the one that seems to have all the trouble. I'd happily downgrade to the 5400rpm, but without acknowledging the problem, that's not an option.

[COLOR="Purple"]I guess I got lucky... and as Cards says with the very newest fancy tech there are bound to be problems.

I have the 7200 for the 200GB with no problem. I did have keyboard and screen issues and a campaign was ran against Apple thru the forums and other means... The issue was recognized and those that had the problems had their MBPs replaced usually with an upgrade.

Be persistent as it seems that they are about to issue a fix.

Sometimes Apple really messes up... like a MBP with a non-user replaceable battery.

There are a number of things you can do... call some numbers or ask to speak to certain people at Apple and you should get an excellent result.

Good luck.[/COLOR]

aspidistra Wrote:Just the 320GB, but it is the 7200rpm, which is the one that seems to have all the trouble. I'd happily downgrade to the 5400rpm, but without acknowledging the problem, that's not an option...
You shouldn't have to consider doing that. The 7200 spin speed is standard for recording audio, a task for which Apple computers are rightly renowned.

marshlander Wrote:You shouldn't have to consider doing that. The 7200 spin speed is standard for recording audio, a task for which Apple computers are rightly renowned.

You are right, but it seems that what is 'right' or 'wrong' is at the discretion of Apple unless people are prepared to resort to legal action. Which is not what I had in mind when I paid for this premium product and got Apple[we don't]Care. Ah well, rumours say some 'fix' or other may be on the way. My fingers are very crossed.

The problem is the size of the HDD the fact you got a 320GB drive it requires more power consumption considerably more than the upgrade from 5400 to 7200.

I know this is a bit off topic but I fixed it.:biggrin: (for now....)
*sigh* Should start backing up my data for when I buy a new laptop(while i still can)
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so