Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Little Rant
Ok, i just need to express my views on a certain topic.

I've been doing this paperwork for my course. It's on homosexuality.
So being in a MORAL EDUCATION class (Blek!)- i find that kinda useless- i was forced to do a research on homosexuality and stuff.

So i came upon this thing where they said stuffs bout homosexuals. Basically us. Well, they said that homosexuals are paedophiles... and they're hornier than "normal" individual.
Of course they din use the word horny... but that's besides the point.

I mean, what is so different with homosexuals and heterosexuals?
There ARE heterosexuals that ARE paedophiles... what do they make out of that?

And there are rituals in Christianity too that are supposedly meant to "exorcise" the "homosexual devils" possessing the individual.
WHAT THE HELL?

That is seriously weird and degrading.

P.S: Not insulting Christianity or anything... sorry if i did. No offence intended.

Yes, we've heard all these lies before. They are generally written by people who can't get their head around the notion that not everyone is the same as they are in every respect. Were you given access to material that expresses a contrary view to the stuff you have seen?

As a really good starting point I like the programme made by popular entertainer, John Barrowman. Hopefully this links you to the playlist that plays the whole one-hour programme in six ten-minute chunks.

The only difference between gay and straight is that we like people of our own sex. Beyond that there is a massive range of differences in attitudes and behaviours that affects all men and all women. As you rightly point out, paedophiles are attracted to children and they can be found among both the straight and gay populations. It is completely inaccurate to confuse homosexuality and paedophilia although it is obvious why it suits the agenda of some people to do it.

As regards the accusations of "horniness", gay men and lesbians have only relatively recently been able to creep out from the confines of anonymity after generations of having to pretend they are something they are not. As you well know, such freedom is only available in some parts of the world. Having been forced to live in secret has forced the development of sub-cultures where the rules are inevitably different. Any observation of being overly sexually driven cannot be explained in such simple terms as the 'phobes use. The whole mix of expectations, laws, cultural and religious traditions, psychological factors and goodness only knows what else have had an effect on the way we live in society, the way we see ourselves and the ways others see us.

I was with a friend last evening who has been in a monogamous gay relationship for forty years. A lot of straight people will never be able to claim that.

Colin Spencer's A History of Homosexuality is also pretty informative if you're looking for information.

some1 told me that 90% of straight men are pedo's.
i'm just wondering why you guys spell pedophile...this way : Paedophile, what's the a there for?

Actually gaygay I believe the numbers are 3 out of every 10 pedophiles are homosexual and 7 out of every 10 are heterosexual.

gaygay33 Wrote:some1 told me that 90% of straight men are pedo's.
i'm just wondering why you guys spell pedophile...this way : Paedophile, what's the a there for?
Odd question! The "a" is there because that's how it is spelled in English!! It reflects the Greek origins of the term. If PA sees this question he'll certainly be able to answer it for you.
Quote:Wiki says:

The word comes from the Greek: παιδοφιλία (paidophilia): παῖς (pais), "child" and φιλία (philia), "friendship". Paidophilia was coined by Greek poets either as a substitute for "paiderastia" (pederasty),[23] or vice versa.

The term paedophilia erotica was coined in 1886 by the Viennese psychiatrist Richard von Krafft-Ebing in his writing Psychopathia Sexualis.[

libertylove4 Wrote:Actually gaygay I believe the numbers are 3 out of every 10 pedophiles are homosexual and 7 out of every 10 are heterosexual.
Very dangerous to start bandying numbers around without any reference to your sources of information. NARTH (the ex-gay advocacy organisation whose attentions I would not wish on anyone) suggests the following:
Quote:While no more than 2% of male adults are homosexual, some studies indicate that approximately 35% of pedophiles are homosexual (9). Further, since male-on-male pedophiles victimize far more children than do heterosexual pedophiles (10), it is estimated that approximately 80% of pedophilic victims are boys who have been molested by adult males (11).

9. K. Freund et al., Pedophilia and Heterosexuality vs. Homosexuality, Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy 10 (Fall 1984): 197.

10. Freund, K. and R. I. Watson, The Proportions of Heterosexual and Homosexual Pedophiles Among Sex Offenders Against Children: An Exploratory Study, Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy 18 (Spring 1992): 3443.

11. Schmidt, Thomas (1995). Straight and Narrow? Compassion and Clarity in the Homosexuality Debate. Downers Grove, Ill.: Intervarsity Press, p. 114.
Another report (Friedman, 1988; Spitzer, 1981).” (p. 476) says in its conclusion that:
Quote:Ordinary (teleiophilic) homosexual men are no more likely to molest boys than ordinary (teleiophilic) heterosexual men are to molest girls.

This article makes interesting reading and sheds some light (rather than simply heat) on the difficulties of deciding on the incidence of child abuse:
Quote:not all child sexual abuse is perpetrated by pedophiles (or hebephiles) and not all pedophiles and hebephiles actually commit abuse. Consequently, it is important to use terminology carefully.

Another problem related to terminology arises because sexual abuse of male children by adult men is often referred to as "homosexual molestation." The adjective "homosexual" (or "heterosexual" when a man abuses a female child) refers to the victim's gender in relation to that of the perpetrator. Unfortunately, people sometimes mistakenly interpret it as referring to the perpetrator's sexual orientation.

To avoid this confusion, it is preferable to refer to men's sexual abuse of boys with the more accurate label of male-male molestation. Similarly, it is preferable to refer to men's abuse of girls as male-female molestation. These labels are more accurate because they describe the sex of the individuals involved but don't implicitly convey unwarranted assumptions about the perpetrator's sexual orientation.

Typologies of Offenders
The distinction between a victim's gender and a perpetrator's sexual orientation is important because many child molesters don't really have an adult sexual orientation. They have never developed the capacity for mature sexual relationships with other adults, either men or women. Instead, their sexual attractions focus on children – boys, girls, or children of both sexes.

The article concludes with:
Quote:The empirical research does not show that gay or bisexual men are any more likely than heterosexual men to molest children. This is not to argue that homosexual and bisexual men never molest children. But there is no scientific basis for asserting that they are more likely than heterosexual men to do so. And, as explained above, many child molesters cannot be characterized as having an adult sexual orientation at all; they are fixated on children.

How about shifting the focus to incest. Now incest, by definition, is a family game, so doesn't really involve us as much as it involves married men and women. I know this proves nothing but it restores the balance a bit, i.e. makes heteros look more obviously like the guilty ones. And since we allegedly represent only 2% of the population, surely we can't be responsible for very much of the paedophilia. Then there's the question of abuse and rape: this just has to be predominantly a hetero thing, unless gay men are going round raping women ….... but would they be gay then? I can't get my head round that one.
And how about this:

From Groth and Birnbaum's 1978 study of a random sample of 175 males
convicted of sexual assault against children:
"All regressed offenders, whether their victims were male or female
children, were heterosexual in their adult orientation. There were no
examples of regression to child victims among peer-oriented, homosexual
males. The possibility emerges that homosexuality and homosexual
pedophilia may be mutually exclusive and that the adult heterosexual
male constitutes a greater risk to the underage child than does the
adult homosexual male."
Adult sexual orientation and attraction to underag... [Arch Sex Behav. 1978] - PubMed result

There's lots more at: The truth about right-tard paedophilia fearmongering - alt.politics.homosexuality | Google Groups

And, as for the Catholic priests who claim we are all paedophiles, that has to be a smoke screen. Or don't they read the newspapers?

Actually i used pAedophile cause in British English it's with an "a".
While in American English, it's without the "a".

Just like grey and gray. Both are the same colour. But one British the latter American.

Well, i tried searching around for positive views on homosexuals...
But.... since my searching skills kinda suck... I din find many.

It's not really that important for my work though. I finished it, grudgingly.
But i was kinda pissed that people would claim stuffs like that.
On the internet too.:mad:

Para0402 Wrote:... But i was kinda pissed that people would claim stuffs like that.
On the internet too.:mad:
The internet is the perfect medium for nutters of all kinds Wink

I think it is a great way of encouraging us to develop the discipline to check sources and the integrity of anything we read.

The world is full of people who throw statistics around like they actually mean something Rolleyes